Berger elite hunters over 3k

RH300UM

What has been anyone's experience with the elites at 3000 fps on game?
I haven't had the chance to put any on critters yet.
The one one I'm using for now (winter predator season) is a 243 AI pushing the 108's @3280 fps through a 7.5 twist proof. Accuracy is extremely good. Used from coyotes to deer. Including wolves.
It takes till 200 yards to get under the 3k mark for velocity.
Any real world experiences would be much appreciated

I'd imagine it would be about 14-18" of pure violent expansion. I just shot a buck at 180 yards with a 108 ELDM at 3260fps. It went about 16" into the cavity (frontal shot) and wrecked him plenty good. And ELDM ruptures faster than anything in the Berger line.

I'd imagine it would be about 14-18" of pure violent expansion. I just shot a buck at 180 yards with a 108 ELDM at 3260fps. It went about 16" into the cavity (frontal shot) and wrecked him plenty good. And ELDM ruptures faster than anything in the Berger line.
Those ELD-M's are extremely explosive
I stopped using them

Several years ago I had to put a finishing shot on an elk at about 10 feet. Bullet made a complete pass through just behind the shoulders. That experience relieved any and all concerns that I may have had about Berger at close range or high velocity impacts.

Last edited:
My youngest son has taken 4 deer with the 108. 2 under 100 yards and 2 just over 275 yds. All went straight down lights out. The ones that were under 100 yards actually had golf ball size hole exits. All the internals were jello. I like the bullet. Super accurate and I was ringing steel at 1080 yards 2 weeks ago out of a 6mm Creedmoor. The velocity of the load is 3,180 fps avg. hope that helps. Oh forgot several hogs **** with them. One over 200 pounds. All straight down.

The one one I'm using for now (winter predator season) is a 243 AI pushing the 108's @3280 fps through a 7.5 twist proof. Accuracy is extremely good. Used from coyotes to deer. Including wolves.
I shot my antelope at 220 yards with a 6.5 156 EOL launched at 3150fps.

It was a frontal shot and dumped him where he stood but penetration did not even make it to the liver other than a few small fragments.

But the heart was literally disconnected and the lungs were almost gone.

IMG_0840.jpeg

Killed 2 Antelope, 3 deer with 108s at 3050 muzzle velocity from a 6cm. Nothing too violent, but impacts were from 450-650y. All quick deaths, nothing made it more than 20y.

While it is not the elite hunter the 25 cal 115 VLD hunting bullet should perform similarly. To date my friends and I, using several rifles chambered in 257 Weatherby, have taken 32 coues wt. I just checked the notes and all but five were taken under 400 yds. At 400 yds the bullet's velocity is just over 3000 fps. All bullets exited leaving a 1/2" or larger exit hole. Closest hits on coues wt were 215 and 220 yards. Based on this performance I wouldn't worry about the bullet performing.

In addition to the coues wt, 6 elk, 2 antelope as well as a few javelina were taken. I don't have the details on distances just thought I'd mention it.

Several years ago I had to put a finishing shot on an elk at about 10 feet. Bullet made a complete pass through just behind the shoulders. That experience relieved any and all concerns that I may have had about Berger at close range or high velocity impacts.
Muzzle velocity ?

If ELDM's are that explosive how are the ELDX's ?
I tried them when they first came out (ruby red tips) in the 30cal 212 gr. I wasn't happy with the results.
Bullet went in at 30 yards from the muzzle on a spike elk. Muzzle velocity 3090 fps. Completely disintegrated. Never penetrated past about 4 inches. I got the spike when he came out on the hill at 250 yards. I found the results while field dressing it. Not much confidence with them after that.

WOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE.
3280 fps. That's 240 Weatherby speeds.
Could you share your recipe. 😃