Berger 175gr Elite Hunter- 7 RM Load

curtiscd

Has anyone had the opportunity to load and test some of the new Berger 175gr Elite Hunters out of a 7 Rem. Mag? I've got a box sitting on the bench. I'll be using Hornady brass, Fed 215, and testing Retumbo and H1000. Just curious if anyone else has played with them as of yet.

Has anyone had the opportunity to load and test some of the new Berger 175gr Elite Hunters out of a 7 Rem. Mag? I've got a box sitting on the bench. I'll be using Hornady brass, Fed 215, and testing Retumbo and H1000. Just curious if anyone else has played with them as of yet.

Just curious why you'd run the 175gr when the 180gr Hybrid is basically the same size but possesses a higher BC and is fairly easy to find most of the time (at least for me).

I'll be running these out of a stock Rem 700 barrel with a 9.25 twist. Even at my elevation range of 4500-9000' the hybrid is on the outer limits of stability. When I eventually rebarrel I have full intentions of kicking over to the hybrid.

I have been using them in Nosler brass that weighs 216 gr
Jump at .010 and .040 were the best, didn't go any further than .040 because it shot too good.

I tried retumbo and H1000 both shot good but H1000 was a little more consistent.

If you are shooting the 180's try your same load and also .5 gr more powder.

If you are shooting the 168's try same load and a little less powder.

GUYS,
You can find load data for the new 7mm 175 ELITE HUNTER for the 7 REM MAG by clicking on RELOADING DATA on our main page . Scroll down to 7MM 175gr ELITE HUNTER then click on 7mm Rem Mag.
http://www.bergerbullets.com/pdf/7mm-Remington-Magnum.pdf

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.