Berger 175 OTM

bamadawg2009

So I have all my pieces for my new 308 build except the bullet I really want to shoot, the Berger 175 vld hunting nobody has them I've checked. I do however have 1 box of 175 OTMs on the way from bullets.com. How good are the OTMs to use as a hunting bullets out of a 308 say 500 yds and under on whitetail deer in the 150-200lb range, better than SMKs?
I hear people saying they're fine just want any bodies first hand knowledge. If they are ok for hunting I'm going to stock up and have my rifle throated specifically for them.

With a BC of 510 they should fly great.

I see you posted this a while back. I've been shooting Berger 175 OTMs in my .308 for PRS with great success. Flat as can be and supersonic we'll past 1000 yards.

My son shot a Mulie buck at 200 yards last week and the OTM dumped him where he stood. Entry through ribs, bullet ans bone fragments destroyed both lungs and topped the heart, bullet traveled through the neck and lodged under the skin on the off side. Tip deformed, no mushroom, most of the weight retained in the rear 2/3 of the projectile. Definitely would consider it effective.