20231027_101945.jpg
20231027_102221.jpg
20231027_102412.jpg

6.5wsm 144gr Berger LRHT, 953yrds
Muzzle = 3202fps
Impact = 1972fps
1244 energy
18.25 MOA up

Very dark when I made the shot so I just held center mass on the black boar. Have about .5moa of spin drift and must have had a little wind (which I could not feel at my postion). Little pig walked in right as I broke the shot. Showing 1.138 seconds of flight time. Entered in the neck and exit was just below the ear on the boar. Entry on little pig and no exit. Boar was DRT, little one ran about 60yrds. Overall, very pleased with the performance of this bullet and a new distance record for myself on a kill shot. Cool to get a 2 Fer while doing it!

Had a friend tell me I should add rifle details, so here you go...
6.5WSM built on a Surgeon 591 SA, McMillan A3, Kreiger 26" sendero 8.5 twist running a NF NX8 4-32 F1. EC tuner brake
I bought this off of another member on here (thanks LJW) and have shot my smallest group ever (.12") using 130 eld-m. My wife shot her 1322yrd (3/4 mile) milk jug using 135gr Bergers. Pretty much whatever you feed it, it likes!

Oh, btw...the rifle pictured is not the rifle I shot it with. That's my little 16" T/C 243 that I carry in my pickup. The pictures are the morning after when we went to look and see if I had got anything? Was very pleased to see 2 of them laying there😎

Just started working with 153 LRHT, today.
Looks like the bullet construction will be ideal for what I do, Thanks for sharing.
I'll be using a 6.5 Sherman Max, so basically same velo as WSM.

Just started working with 153 LRHT, today.
Looks like the bullet construction will be ideal for what I do, Thanks for sharing.
A lot of people have been wondering about Terminal performance with this bullet so that's why I posted it. Shot a spike (whitetail) last season at 50yrds with the 85.5gr .22cal LRHT 2950fps at the muzzle, hit a rib going in and left a golf ball size exit. Everything in between was jello and removed the top half of the heart. Seems like close or far, it's working very well. Are you using it for game or just targets?

Deer/pigs ultimately but I've got about 50 more cases to FF, and I do plan on some playing with steel targets. So I guess both to answer your question.
My shooting pal has plates to a mile, but I don't care to go beyond 1000.
Unless it's so tight I just have to try it!
with the slightly heavier jacket it appears these may be better than the EH, for what I like in bullet performance.

Deer/pigs ultimately but I've got about 50 more cases to FF, and I do plan on some playing with steel targets. So I guess both to answer your question.
My shooting pal has plates to a mile, but I don't care to go beyond 1000.
Unless it's so tight I just have to try it!
Using MAGPRO if you need a starting point? I had such great performance with it, I never tried another powder.

I've got a good supply of H1000 I'm going to start with, and after that R23, 565, 568.
im allergic to N570, and about tired of R26!
Dont have Magpro

I've got a good supply of H1000 I'm going to start with, and after that R23, 565, 568.
im allergic to N570, and about tired of R26!
Dont have Magpro
I'm guessing 565 will work pretty good for you? I'm not on the 26 bandwagon either. It's worked good for me in 308 sized cases with lighter bullets, but that's about it. I do run it in that 243 with 95gr Bergers.