Berger 139grn scenars dropping deer in their tracks?

kdrogers71775

Ive been taking whitetails on my father n laws farm. We have permits to hunt them 24/7 due to crop damage. Ive been loading lapua scenars for target shooting but had several handloads left over so i took them with me to see how they would perform on some big does. Everyone says target bullets DO NOT work for hunting. Well......i fired 5 shots with the 6.5 PRC with 139gn scenars at around 3150fps. Not a single one made it out of the field. 4 dropped in their tracks....1 walked 20 yds and dropped. Is this normal???.....all of the wounds showed great internal organ damage, a few "pass-throughs" that exited at roughly the size of a baseball. Im honestly considering making this my go-to whitetail loaf now. Did i just get lucky? This is 7 or 8 deer now taken with this exact same load. One taken at 350 yds that looked like you gave him a shot of morphine. (Nosed up, layed down, went to sleep)......all i here online is NEVER USE TARGET ROUNDS TO HUNT WITH...ITS UNETHICAL. But honestly....these deer are dropping way better than most anything else ive ever hunted with.

Just curious....

Thanks everyone.

If you can hit vitals every shot, target bullets are violent. You can get away with going through bone with a magnum and a heavy bullet, but with what you are using it's a great option for the vitals. The larger meplat and thinner jacket on the bullet really aid in rapid expansion, along with fragmenting they just wreck a lot of things in a short amount of time. The scenar is actually a very popular hog hunting round as well.

None. I was just clarifying that a Scenar is not a Berger. It's a Lapua bullet, not a Berger.

The title makes it sound like it's a Berger Scenar.
This!
1700363594465.png