Bergara Owners - Front Sling Swivel Loose and wont tighten?

fnlights

Hi All,

Have any of you had your front sling swivel come loose and not tighten back up? I'm on an elk hunt in Colorado and, impeccable timing, the front sling swivel won't tighten up. I am worried that this is going to break loose and the gun will drop. I have tried turning it, yes the correct way, and it just sits there and spins.

Has anyone seen this before and is there any fix?

Now for some reason you can see a gold insert or something above the swivel, please see the photos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221013-150804_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221013-150804_Gallery.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20221013-150759_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221013-150759_Gallery.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 26
I removed mine and put an area 419 rail in its place. You can then put a rail mounted sling attachment on it, or a bipod.

that's the swivel's threaded insert and it has come undone from the stock. You will need to epoxy it back into place or it WILL pull out.

Yeah I was on a hunt, so I ended up super gluing it per the advice of Bergara. The issue now is it looks awful haha. I have a request form to send it back to Bergara to see if they will fix it or provide me with a new stock, BUT I am 99% positive it will be a waste of time because I bedded the stock and can almost guarantee that will void their warranty even though the sling swivel has nothing to do with the bedding. I plan on sending this back after this rifle season. I am curious how Bergara is going to handle this.