Belted magnum reloading.

zr600

Hi all. I'm not new to reloading but new to reloading belted mags. How and were and with what do I measure on my fired brass for sizing and how to properly setup my die. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Almost wishing I would have just spent the extra money on one of Riches cartridges and would t have the headache of the belt. If it matters I'm currently using the hornady standard sizing die and ADG brass.

Jeez. There is no issue with belted magnums if you know how to size them properly...
FL size them and bump shoulders back .002" just like any other round. But then again, I have only loaded a few 10 thousand rounds of them.

Although, the Sherman line sure are awesome. I have two, with a third that should be done next week.

You full length resize your brass to fit your chamber , a little bit at a time till it fits , then you trim your brass , have reloading books ? There's step by step in them. And many dies come with GREAT instructions !!!

It's a 7remmag. I have the Berger book and the Lyman book. The instructions on the die don't talk anything about the belt. So should it just back the die out till I'm not pushing shoulders back, because even my fired brass will still chamber fine. Also have a Nosler book.

It's a 7remmag. I have the Berger book and the Lyman book. The instructions on the die don't talk anything about the belt. So should it just back the die out till I'm not pushing shoulders back, because even my fired brass will still chamber fine. Also have a Nosler book.
Yes, it usually takes several firings to get brass fully formed to your chamber, so it's a good idea not to bump .002" until the resized case won't chamber. Then you can bump shoulder back 1 1/2 to .002".

Go over to accurateshooter and get some hobo oil it's better than anything I've ever tried and I've tried just about everything out there.

Do you lube your cases with a generous application of condescension, or do you use some over the counter product?
Doesn't usually take a generous amount. Most of the time, the first small application is enough for most to get the point. But when the same results are seen even after the first application....sometimes it does take more than a drop. Usually, USUALLY, the second shot gets the results if the first time doesn't do the trick.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.