Being a Dad to 3 girls, this is a mandatory "tool"

I love it. I have 3 daughters. I showed 1 particular male kid my muzzleloader in .50 cal. I told him all kinds of Quigley stuff, moving targets, etc. Nothing but b.s. for about 15 minutes.
Never saw that kid again.
Every time a new boy came over I was cleaning something.
Also made sure my son met the parents before he picked up a girl at her house
My son in law asked me if he could marry my daughter at the shooting range while I was holding an AR
Must have done something right

Last edited:
Every time a new boy came over I was cleaning something.
Also made sure my son met the parents before he picked up a girl at her house
My son in law asked me if he could marry my daughter at the shooting range while I was holding an AR
Must have dined something right
With my oldest, she had ended a long relationship at about the same time her best friend had ended his engagement. I never really thought about the fact that her best friend was a guy. He was always very protective of her, and she of him. They were hanging out frequently rather than sitting at home feeling miserable. The day I saw him at her job, I invited him to a cookout I was having. She told me months later the reason she felt so comfortable around him was he reminded her of me. She said my invitation led him to asking her out. He knew my rules.

My daughter once had a rather cocky friend interested in her, showy kind of kid. I remember saying something along the lines of" l have 2 daughters that are the most precious things in my life, do you have any questions?" My daughter was not happy, but he never showed up again. Didn't have to show anything, but the conversation did happen in my garage. Lots of useful hardware that was very visible.

My cousin use to clean his Ruger Redhawk 44 when boys came calling. Funny one sat down and wanted to talk guns while his daughter stomped her feet. She dumped him cause he liked to talk guns with him.😂
I had the same thing happen with my oldest daughter. I posted on one of the threads about daughters. All kinds of good ideas get mentioned to deter boyfriends. I have four daughters, and I feel life would be easier if they were ugly.

I think the best thing is just be cleaning a firearm where he can see it. Don't have to say anything. the firearm will say it all! Beside if the boy wants to talk about the firearm, Let him, you maybe getting a hunting partner in the long run.
Had a friend who also cleaned his Mag 10 when the boys came calling.
He's maybe 6'5" and ~350#. Not sure which is more intimidating- the gun or the owner.

I don't know. I had two boys. One come with a gal with a child in her. Talk about a mess! The mother was a mess too. We finally go to see our grandchild last year. She now 21. Doing good, and finishing college. It's not that we didn't to be a part of her life. but the mother is nuts.