Beanburrito Nevada middle of no where USA

Went out Friday for 5 hrs and it was a blast we set up in the back of the truck ranged several areas out to 150 yards ( with the scope I have on my .243 it did nicely but was lacking for further shots)
Now this is the first time with this gun that I've shot past 100 yards I've been building up a couple loads I have IMR 4064 and WIN 748 I was using TNT 70g and 105 amax. The 70g TNT does one good job. My best shot of the day 155 yards two Prairie dogs lined up I pulled the trigger and they both were doing the death dance. I cannot wait to get a better scope so that I can dial in the distance verses the hold your breath and hope you got it right. Iron worker are you out getting practice in on these little prairie dogs? It's crazy how thick they are. We went through 40 rnds 243 and two boxes 550 each .22lr and a hundred or so .22mag it was a great day all around

Update I found a tikka .223 $400 a hi-lux 4-18x50 $100 so I could start shooting at longer ranges without the kick and get used to the turret type scope and so far I've made a 400 yard kill if it were possible I would post pics. I've really been looking at the 260 bed 6.5 creedmoor. They are both very appealing has anyone shot both of these guns? If so could you give me your input

I have been reading and talking to a wide group of people trying to find the gun that would be the better gun. There's been a lot of thoughts as to which gun would be best for a newbie getting into the long range shooting arena. I found this article and would like to quote the following: "There will always be those who bash new cartridges, claiming that they don't do anything better than their favorite cartridge. By this logic, we'd all be shooting .30-06. Put simply, the 6.5 Creedmoor is what the .260 Remington should have been. It looks like Hornady has the right mind-set to make its new cartridge a success in the competitive and practical market, unlike Remington who basically let the .260 languish in a few hunting rifles. The 6.5 Creedmoor enjoys additional case capacity over the 6.5x47 Lapua, which allows better ballistics at a lower peak chamber pressure."
I am seriously leaning towards the creedmoor.
But I'm still open to other points of view and am hoping that I can get more input. Thanks to all for your time

Ok here's another question a .243 savage what can be done to it to improve its moa? Right out of the box it's a free floating barrel, preditor barrel or heavy barrel, I can't remember 1/10 or 1/9.25 twist it's the model 11. With the right bullet it's a 1000 yard gun. Other than the scope and time in the range what else can be done for this weapon ?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.