Batteries in electronics

J E Custom

just a reminder that all batteries should be removed from all electronics at the end of each use or damage may occur when they leak all over your expensive electronics.

There is nothing worse than opening up a very expensive electronic device only to find out it is ruined because you left the batteries in it.

Some devices are easy to remove batteries from and some are not, but if you remove the batteries
from all devices it can save the device and maybe a hunt.

Unfortunately all batteries (Even the ones that advertise a leak proof battery)will leak if they are left dead for very long and some will leak even if they have some charge still in them.

With all the expensive toys/tools we use today, it can be a blow when a cheep set of batteries ruin a very expensive piece of electronics.

Just a reminder because it happens all the time.

J E CUSTOM

This is one of life's lessons. Got mine several years ago. Thanks for the reminder.

+1 All of us have probably had this happen at one time. what reminded me was That I was looking for some of my SD Cards and found one of my game/trail cameras that still had the batteries in it.
(Don't know how I missed it but I did).

All of our hunting seasons are over and it will be months before they open and the electronics
are in harms way unless the batteries are removed until they are needed.

J E CUSTOM

This is one of life's lessons. Got mine several years ago. Thanks for the reminder.

+1! Sadly, most if not all manufacturers, covers the proper environmental disposal of batteries or electronic equipment but never the warning of possible battery leakage on electronic equipment during storage.

Perhaps, a simple caution/recommendation like ...

lightbulb"Remove batteries after each use to prevent battery leakage/equipment damage"
.lightbulb

... but then again, it's probably by design (sneaky devils) and put the blame on end users (neglect/misfortune) and re-invest on a new equipment. :):D:rolleyes::cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts