Bartlein Press Release - New Barrel Material

I will again sad LW-50 is toughter and more durable steel and I know for a fact that they did not have problem with machine-ability or precision.

Drop Dave Tooley a message and I'm sure he would be happy to give you his impression of the new barrel steel.

Depends on the grade of titanium my friend, I have fooled around with hardening titanium (again, for edged tools). You could be correct, but based on the materials data and some of the applications I have seen, I have a different opinion (and that's ok)
FWIW. I would agree with Hand Skills as the corrosion resistance of titanium has withstood several tests throughout time. In most environments, titanium actually forms an exceptionally stable oxide micro layer film that provides the material with it's outstanding resistance to corrosion in a wide range of aggressive media. Titanium may not be great barrel material, but it excels in many applications, including rifle actions and orthopedic devices. I would not be in Buck Fever's camp that says titanium corrodes except in rare applications.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.