Barrel???

lee31

Guys I'm gonna do my first custom build its on a model 700 gonna be a 264 win mag. I plan on shooting a berger 140 vld hunting or a hornady 140 amax. What barrel should I go with Krieger Brux, Bartlien Lilja Shilen ect.... What twist rate I was thinking 8 or 8.5. 5 groove 6 grove. Thanks

Guys I'm gonna do my first custom build its on a model 700 gonna be a 264 win mag. I plan on shooting a berger 140 vld hunting or a hornady 140 amax. What barrel should I go with Krieger Brux, Bartlien Lilja Shilen ect.... What twist rate I was thinking 8 or 8.5. 5 groove 6 grove. Thanks

I believe the Krieger and the Brux and the Bartlien are all cut rifled...and they are what I would want...in SST of course.

I have shot Lilja, Shilen, and Kriegers with great success. I dont think that you would be disappointed with any that you listed.

I bought a Krieger for my 6.5 WSM build. It has a 8 twist so I can shoot the 140 grainers. My friend has a Krieger on has 6.5x47 Lapua and has shot a lot of 1 inch or less groups at 500 yds with 140gr Berger VLD's. That is why I went with a Krieger, and Brunos has a lot of Kriegers in stock.
tarey

They're ALL good barrels. Pick the one that fits your budget and build time frame.

I've run, Broughton, several Kreigers, Lila and Pacnor. Have buds who the same in addition to Bartlein, Douglas, Shilen, etc. All good. I hear some less than desirable things about Rocks.

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.