Barrel twist and length?

Jungleexplorer ,

I read this whole thread and made a discovery. It seems the only emotional and defensive person is you. The idea you would respect us all when you don't know us seems ludicrous. Like you, we are all anonymous posters who may be nothing more than young people who do a lot of reading and sound like we know what they are posting about.

Again I wish you the best.

Jungleexplorer ,

I read this whole thread and made a discovery. It seems the only emotional and defensive person is you. The idea you would respect us all when you don't know us seems ludicrous.

Again with the personal attacks. Wild cater, there is a difference in granting a person that you don't know a measure of respect that is deserving of all humans and respecting a person for their individual personalities. This concept is best explained by the old cowboy saying that goes like this, "Grant each person respect until they prove themselves unworthy of it."

I have endeavored to keep this discussion philosophical, but because of people like you, who insist on making personal attacks at my person instead of discussing the issue, I have been forced to address these attack, and yes, in doing so I have come across as being emotional.

Jungleexplorer ,

I read this whole thread and made a discovery. It seems the only emotional and defensive person is you. The idea you would respect us all when you don't know us seems ludicrous. Like you, we are all anonymous posters who may be nothing more than young people who do a lot of reading and sound like we know what they are posting about.

Again I wish you the best.

I concur. I was nothing if not respectful... I even posited that a headshot under some conditions might be the way to go, if that's what you preferred.... But you lumping us all into a group that attacks and ridicules you sounds more like you have a personal issue... As well as you lumping everyone into you "Americans". Yeah... We Americans always agree on everything and you foreigners are ignorant foolish idiots. Really... Is that what this comes down to?

Perhaps, you are getting an overwhelming response from individuals who have spent years hunting and just have a strong opinion on something that they believe is not the best choice. I mean... I'm bringing 38 years of hunting experience to the table on this particular issue. IF you were to add up all the years of the people responding to your post in this thread, the collective experience would be tremendous. That you choose to feel persecuted by "all respondents" instead of receiving the message is something you might consider exploring.

Also... I'm not saying we are all right on this issue. There was this guy that thought the world was round when the prevailing opinion was that it was flat. Now I'm not lumping you in with him... But each to his own. I prefer vitals to heads...

I concur. I was nothing if not respectful... I even posited that a headshot under some conditions might be the way to go, if that's what you preferred.... But you lumping us all into a group that attacks and ridicules you sounds more like you have a personal issue... As well as you lumping everyone into you "Americans". Yeah... We Americans always agree on everything and you foreigners are ignorant foolish idiots. Really... Is that what this comes down to?

Perhaps, you are getting an overwhelming response from individuals who have spent years hunting and just have a strong opinion on something that they believe is not the best choice. I mean... I'm bringing 38 years of hunting experience to the table on this particular issue. IF you were to add up all the years of the people responding to your post in this thread, the collective experience would be tremendous. That you choose to feel persecuted by "all respondents" instead of receiving the message is something you might consider exploring.

Also... I'm not saying we are all right on this issue. There was this guy that thought the world was round when the prevailing opinion was that it was flat. Now I'm not lumping you in with him... But each to his own. I prefer vitals to heads...

I tried to offer out the olive branch to you guys in my last post, but it seems that you guys are going to have none of that. You continue to address me personally, instead of talking about the facts of the issue. I never addressed any of you personally when talking about the topic of discussion, only when responding to your personal attacks on me.

There is no one on this thread that is more American then I. My forefathers built and sailed on the Mayflower for crying out loud. I have traveled quite a bit and studied other cultures and this experience affords me an outside look on American culture that some people here may not have.

I have obviously touch on a sensitive nerve here and lost the battle to keep this discussion philosophical and non-personal. It is digressing into a rock throwing competition and I will not participate in it anymore. I have stated the clear facts of the case as respectfully as possible with regards to each person's right to make their own choice.

I stated quite clearly in post #18 a few post after I started this line of discussion;

"Before I say anything else I want to make it clear that I am not attacking anyone here. I am simply making a philosophical case. I am not not trying to offend anyone or say that anyone else is wrong or unethical. I believe everyone on here is a great American, sportsman and very ethical."

I apologize if you did not read this and felt I was lumping you all into a group.

J I stated quite clearly in post #18 a few post after I started this line of discussion; [B said:
"Before I say anything else I want to make it clear that I am not attacking anyone here. I am simply making a philosophical case. I am not not trying to offend anyone or say that anyone else is wrong or unethical. I believe everyone on here is a great American, sportsman and very ethical." [/B]

I apologize if you did not read this and felt I was lumping you all into a group.

I also answered your points. Not once did I attack. Never the less you seem to think you are under attack because I didn't agree with you. I even informed you I killed this year's buck with a head shot but went on to tell you I would not do it if the range was longer. I reminded you this is a Long Range Hunting site. Many here practice at much longer ranges than most. Before I got old and developed the old man tremors I would not hesitate to take a deer in the head out to about 100 yards. I don't expect others to do it and don't feel under attack if they suggested I was wrong. Their opinion does not establish facts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.