Barrel for my 300WM

if I were the OP I'd jump on that proof, that's a hell of a deal. I'm going to toss in my vote for a 1-9" twist carbon barrel of some sort. lots of benefits, no real downsides other than cost. I use a 24" christensen 1-10 blank on my sako trg-s and it shoots great. One thing I do notice, it doesn't walk shots the way a light steel barrel would when hot. I don't run it hot often, but sometimes I'll run a good shot string and it'll just keep stacking them even when it gets too hot to touch. My steel barrels of similar weight like to start walking shots up and to the right when then get cooking.

I have a 26" proof sendero 1:10 I'd probably let go for a song.....
I too have 300WM in a Brux 26" #4 with a Vias break 12" twist which I will sell for a very reasonable price. I would shoot Berger 210 VLD quite well out too maybe 600. Great with the lighter 180. I've moved on to a 30 Nosler

Hey highdrum, Think I deserve a cut on the barrel sale beings it kinda hijacked my thread lol just kidding buddy glad you got it sold. I got hooked up with a barrel. Good people on this sight
I was offering it up to you for first dibs!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.