Barrel Bedding on CZ-550 American 6.5x55 Kevlar Stock

Jeekay29

Anyone have experience with this particular CZ-USA model? Very interested in comments. My biggest question/concern is the accuracy that may (or may not) be achieved or enhanced by this model's advertised "full length aluminum bedding block." This kind of floating barrel technology sounds great on paper (the Savage LRH boasts its similar "accu-stock" float), but does it truly deliver "no contact" performance between stock and barrel under variable, real-world conditions? I'm not expecting 1 MOA at 500 yards, but I would like to know that the gun is capable of consistent 1 MOA groups at 200 yards (if I'm doing my part).

Are you having issues with a specific gun or just asking in general?

I have yet to see a CZ rifle shoot over 1 MOA, especially if you reload, so I think you may find more accuracy that you think.

Scot E.

Have not owned a CZ yet. Have been narrowing down my list of longish range rifles for a possible purchase. The front runners are the CZ 550 American in 6.5 Swede and the Savage Long Range Hunter in .308. Just wondering about this aluminum bedding block technology that they both employ and if other shooters find it effective. Thanks for your reply!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.