Barnes VOR-TX 180 grain 300 win mag

CJD

Fellas,

I have used this round exclusivey since purchasing my rem 700 SPS about a month ago.

Everything is going great yet that particular round is not always easy to find and then buy.

I will use it when I head up to Alaska to black bear hunt in May.

In the meantime, I want to shoot and shoot a lot especially with sticks and kneeling as that is more than like the position I will need to shoot from when I see the Bruin I want to take -

Here is my question - if I shoot other brands and grains, will it mess up the work I have done to this point as far as zeroing my scope and rifle? I know it wont be identical yet when I go back to the barnes will I need to re-zero my rifle as long as I dont make any more changes with the new different kinds of ammo I shoot for the time being?

Thx

Welcome to LRH,

I dont think there is a definite answer to your question. I think its going to depend on a few variables. Your set zero will probably be pretty close when you return to your pet load.

I personally re zero with every change in ammunition i make, after every cleaning, and every so often just to be sure my bullets are going where i want. This is the only way im able to maintain a positive zero and understand what changes if any are taking place with my load and/or rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts