• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Barnes LRX 7MM 168gr 1:8 twist

nksmfamjp

Anybody have a box or 2? I really only need the 1:8 twist marked bullets. I'd be willing to trade some Berger 195 EOL or Berger 190 VLD target bullets.

I'm trying to determine if they will be stable in a 28 Sherman Mag 8.7 twist. I think shooting will be the best test.

Last edited:
I have 1 box 168 lrx unopened, and 1 box with 46 pcs.
I could use some 195 eol's.

IMG_4394 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Bump for help. Gunsmith reached out and rifle is heading back soon. I only have Berger's!

Call Steve at Hammer bullets and order a couple of the 15 piece sample packs in the weights you're interested in. After you find the bullet of choice then order larger quantities. If you change your mind down the road list the bullets for sale here. It won't take long to sell them.

I may go that direction, but I got some feeling from them that my 8.7 twist was not going to be enough for any reasonable weight…

A lot of guys step down a weight with the Hammers. I shoot the 155 Hammer Hunters outta my 8.5 twist 7mm Rem Mag with very good results.

Your best bet is to call and talk to Steve. He'll point you in the right direction.