barnes .243 win 95g LRX load

handwerk

I've got my rebarreled ( 1:8 ) M70 on the way back from the smith and several boxes of the 95 LRX's on hand. Looking for some input with regards to loads that have worked for other folks.
Thanks

I too am looking to load up some 95 LRX's in my 243 Win (1:7 twist). I emailed Barnes, and their tech replied that they've yet to workup load data with that bullet for the 243, which is a little disappointing. He suggested to use the Barnes X data for equivalent weight bullet as a starting point.

With the 1:8 twist I would look at a longer (higher BC bullet) its amazing how the bit slower but higher BC bullet carries the energy much further out in the 243. Berger has some high BC options, the 90 grain TGK from Sierra is .490, the ELD-X from Hornady is over .450 as well. Unfortunate that the loading data is for an 85 TSX or a 105 grain Match Burner in their manuals.....Would look at RL-17, Superformance, Magnum (46-50 grains), RL-25 (43-47 grains) I load for many calibers but just starting with the 243.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts