Barnes 190 LRX for 300 wsm

AkBirder300

Am I better off with the 175 or trying the 190? Have seen some reviews online that the 190s has off center tips in early lots.

Anyone using the 190 in a 300Wsm? The 175 seems really popular when I searched old threads.

Application is general Alaska hunting, moose, caribou, black bear.

I've been working up a load with the 190 ABLR's in my .300 WSM. It's showing a lot of promise. I've been running 68 grains of H4831SC. The Nosler book shows 69gr as max..
It's shooting .5 moa. and I'm getting 2915 fps. I think I'm going to drop back a little because it's pretty tightly compressed.

I haven't killed anything with that bullet yet.
Stu

I reread you're thread title and I see you were talking Barnes bullets. I had good luck with the 175, I never tried the 190.
I did kill 3 or 4 mule deer with that bullet and they always performed well for me. I like Barnes bullets. I believe their marketing about going with a little lighter bullet because they penetrate so well. The only reason I switched to the 190 ABLR is the whopping .640 BC.

I was running Hodgdon Hybrid 100V. 63 grains was giving me 3040 fps with the 175 LRX.

Stu

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.