Barnes 145 LRX

Buck268

Anyone out there using the Barnes 145 LRX? I just started my testing on this round and so far so good. Muzzle velocity running around 3,480, going to start working with seating depth now.
Once I finish testing, I'll post results.

morning, I use this bullet in my 7WSM. this is a real hammer. excellent accuracy.

I use the LRX bullet in my 340wbee. this bullet in a stone cold killer. hogs

deer coyotes whatever a person prefers. gun)lightbulb

Anyone out there using the Barnes 145 LRX? I just started my testing on this round and so far so good. Muzzle velocity running around 3,480, going to start working with seating depth now.
Once I finish testing, I'll post results.

What case are you working with? That round is moving!

I'm using Remington brass 81 gr of IMR 7828 and Federal mag match primers.
Cases are weighed and sorted, bullets weighed and sorted, necks turned and redding neck dies.

Just about got this thing dialed in. Had the chance to work on ladder test and now working on finding the sweet spot for seating depth.
Shot today with seated at .010 off, .045 off & .057 off couldn't go any deeper in.
Average FPS 3,436 80.6 gr of 7828 Barnes 145 LRX
Not sure why but had a 3,503 & 3,505 in string 2 and 3.

.010 off turned out to be the winner today, dime will cover 3 shots at 100 yd, so next may tweak a few thou each way.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.