Backpacking Light — with a PCP Air Pistol

JungleShooter

For those who'd like to take a small gun on their hike or have it ready in the gloves compartment of their vehicle —
here's a selection of air pistols (PCPs) to hunt varmint, squirrels, rabbits, pigeons, etc.

▪The power of a .22 PCP pistol is around 12-15FPE. That power is sufficient for kills out to 50y, if both gun and shooter do their part.
The longer models that are really "carbines with detachable shoulder stocks" can go to 25-30FPE easily, and 100y shots are well within reach.

▪Note that the short barrels of pistols either reduce their power, or reduce their quietness! It's just plain physics. I have a separate post about how to balance your priorities between power, shortness, and quietness, and some remedies.
Link to that post: https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...-of-compactness-vs-power-vs-quietness.272241/

PCP air pistols really need an airgun silencer to be backyard friendly (no tax stamp required), and most of them need a suitable adaptor to 1/2" UNF. DonnyFL sells not just high quality airgun silencers, but the necessary adaptors.

🔶 $250 ±$50
▪ Artemis PP700S-A (single shot) and PP750 (multi shot): 15.8" OAL | replacement barrels and regulators available | Accessory: Detachable shoulder stock

▪Crosman 1720T PCP Target Air Pistol: 18.0" OAL | Detachable shoulder stock

▪Hatsan AT-P2 Pistol and AT-P1 Pistol: Detachable and collapsable shoulder stock

▪Artemis PP800 Rebel = Rebranded as: Diana Bandit: 21.1" OAL | Detachable shoulder stock

🔶 $400 ±50
▪Benjamin Marauder Pistol, "Prod", also sold as "Woods Walker" version: 18" OAL | Detachable shoulder stock | Has a ton of mods and upgrades, solid platform

🔶 $900 ±100
▪Weihrauch HW 44: 19" OAL | Top quality

▪Ataman AP16: Regular model 14.4" OAL | Compact model 12" OAL | Top quality

🔶 $1300 and higher
▪FX Dream-Tac Compact: 21.5" OAL folded | Detachable, foldable shoulder stock | High power, high quality, high adjustability, part of a full lego system, high air reservoir available

▪American Air Arms EVOL Mini Backpacker: 18" OAL folded | Foldable shoulder stock

If I ever get a stimulus check... — I'm already stimulated to buy an Ataman AP16 Compact! 😄

Matthias

Last edited: