Axis II in 6.5 creedmoor

jammer300

Ordered a Savage AXIS II in 6.5 creedmoor yesterday. I looked at the Ruger American Predator rifle along with the Savage and decided to go with the Savage. I already have two Axis rifles and they are both great shooters. Has anyone else had any experience with this rifle or caliber they would be will to share? I'm thinking I will use it for coyotes and deer.

You picked an awesome caliber, both for potential accuracy & hunting applications. I own 2- Savage 11 LWH & Ruger American Predator. Both will shoot .5" with most ammo. The caliber is very user friendly for those who don't handload. Most factory ammo I've tried will shoot as well as my developed handloads or very close. The Creedmoor has become a favorite of mine for whitetail deer. I've used the 120 gr Sierra pro hunters & Nosler ballistic tips with great results. Killed 2 with the 129 Hornady SST & was impressed with it as well. Last couple of years I've killed several with the 100 grain Partition & Barnes TTSX running at 3100 fps. They are poison inside 100 yards in the timber I regularly hunt...open up well at that velocity & generally exit. Stay below 2900 fps with the cup & cores & load up whatever you like. The caliber won't disappoint when you know it's limitations & capitalize on its strengths.

Thanks pineywoods. I took the rifle out today to the range for the first time and was impressed. Out of the box I was getting a 3/4" group at 100 yards with factory loads. I was getting an average mv of 2730 fps. I was shooting Hornadys 140gr ELD-M factory ammunition.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.