Axis/Edge Magazines are just crap

Demon061

We've got a pair of axis's for the lady folks who didn't want to invest quite as much into their rifles and the magazines are just... just garbage. Anybody done any work to replace the magazines with something not made of scotch tape and gorilla glue or modify them to take a better magazine? Haven't had this much hate for a simple mag since we got 30 round mini 30 mags hahahah

We've got a pair of axis's for the lady folks who didn't want to invest quite as much into their rifles and the magazines are just... just garbage. Anybody done any work to replace the magazines with something not made of scotch tape and gorilla glue or modify them to take a better magazine? Haven't had this much hate for a simple mag since we got 30 round mini 30 mags hahahah

Not sure what chambering or budget you have but check out >>> Snyder Magazines

Sorry I should have specified that they're in .243 and .270. The .270's magazine catch on the rear broke (the tiny leaf of plastic) so it hangs if you don't manipulate it right.

no thoughts? Figured. Bah. I even like the blind mag in the 70 more hahah. Not really an option for the axis, though ;) Guess I could try to fabricate something...

Sure wish I had a good fix. @ $29 a pop I've replaced the **** things twice on the 25-06 axis.
My solution has been to not buy another axis, the mags for CZ and Tikkas are spendy but last![FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]

Everything CZ lasts. First handgun was a 52 coated in cosmoline haha. Now I've stepped up my game to a SP01 =P

The mag well and the mags are just silly. if the release was on the mag well it'd make more sense. I guess it was just a cost saving feature *

wish I could've picked up another Howas for cheap. According to Legacy they're introducing long action factory 10 round magazine conversions from ATI later this year which I've be happy as a clam for in my .30-06 but it doesn't help the salvages hahah

I bought an Axis in .223 late last year. I did not know until laer just how cheap the mag clip is. Haven't broke it YET. Are all the Savage rifles (10-16, 110-116 )models with drop mags the same with the plastic clip?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts