• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Autotrickler V4 Unopened

jensenj71

I have an Autotrickler V4 that I received 3 weeks ago that is unopened. I decided to go a different direction while waiting for it to ship.

Now asking $450 shipped. Venmo or PPFF. You cover any added shipping insurance.

They are showing a 4-8 week leadtime at the moment. Get it in a week for the same landed cost!

Last edited:
That is hard to say. My older and cheaper RCBS Lite throws charges within a kernel with N568 when checked against the FX 120 scale. Sometimes it drops two kernels on the trickle and goes over. If the RCBS stops under the addition of another kernel puts it over by the same amount it was under.

The V4 is definitely faster per charge based on watching videos. If you charge all of the rounds before seating bullets then the V4 would definitely speed things up. I think the biggest upgrade of the combo is in the quality of the FX 120 scale.

My RCBS throws a charge about as fast as I can rough seat a bullet, check CBTO, tweak seating mic, final seat and verify CBTO. I am anal and I don't like the plus or minus 0.002 I get when I seat in a single step.

Personally, if I had the matchmaster I would check it against the FX-120. If it ran well charge to charge and was consistent from day to day I would have a hard time stepping up. Double checking each of my charges on the FX-120 meets my needs although it is slower.

A trade is possible, I am thinking about adding a Desert Tech 6.5PRC or 6.5SAUM to the mix and neck bushing dies or brass would be appealing.

Also possibly adding a 37XC with the DT purchase so brass and dies would be appealing.

I would consider cash on my end for the right item. For example a LPR in something smaller than 30cal.

I have a Ruger Predator 308 that would benefit from an aftermarket stock.

I threw 15 charges @ 33.7 grains of H4350 on my RCBS chargemaster lite, and weighed them on the FX-120. The results weigh anywhere from 33.28 to 33.82. Most were between 33.62 and 33.82.

I find my RCBS Lite was more consistent if I powered it up several hours before use and then calibrated it after it fully warmed up.It doesn't seem like 30mins or even an hour was enough. I don't have any air circulation in the room and the scale sits back in the corner of the bench well protected from air movement.

To be honest, I was expecting results more like yours. I am throwing 2X the charge. Perhaps the heavier charges are easier to resolve? I was surprised the values lined up without an offset. For the most part, mine gets down to the weight of a kernel of powder unless 2 or 3 fall out together during the trickle. It typically stops slightly short...maybe -0.04? I think adding a kernal was putting me +0.02 over if I remember correctly.

I am going to confirm all charges on the FX-120 from this point forward. It provides me piece of mind knowing both scales agree after I calibrate them. I feel like I can see if a scale starts to drift. Hard to explain, but I like the double check.

I find my RCBS Lite was more consistent if I powered it up several hours before use and then calibrated it after it fully warmed up.It doesn't seem like 30mins or even an hour was enough. I don't have any air circulation in the room and the scale sits back in the corner of the bench well protected from air movement.

To be honest, I was expecting results more like yours. I am throwing 2X the charge. Perhaps the heavier charges are easier to resolve? I was surprised the values lined up without an offset. For the most part, mine gets down to the weight of a kernel of powder unless 2 or 3 fall out together during the trickle. It typically stops slightly short...maybe -0.04? I think adding a kernal was putting me +0.02 over if I remember correctly.

I am going to confirm all charges on the FX-120 from this point forward. It provides me piece of mind knowing both scales agree after I calibrate them. I feel like I can see if a scale starts to drift. Hard to explain, but I like the double check.
I don't ever turn my chargemaster off. It's always on and I just calibrate it before use every time. I have also heard a filter can help as well depending on your power supply.

New price ... $475 shipped.... I haven't even opened the box! I am willing to open the box if a picture helps.

If anyone is interested but needs some references let me know and I will request a reference from other members that have purchased items from me.

Personally, if I had the matchmaster I would check it against the FX-120. If it ran well charge to charge and was consistent from day to day I would have a hard time stepping up. Double checking each of my charges on the FX-120 meets my needs although it is slower.
I have used the RCBS Chargemaster and then the Matchmaster and if it wasn't for the PITA to empty powder out of I would still have it. But the Auto Trickler V4 is very efficient and quick once you figure it out. Well worth the money if you can afford it. But if I was on a budget I would go back to the RCBS Chargemaster as the Matchmaster is pretty pricey as well. Just saying

I have used the RCBS Chargemaster and then the Matchmaster and if it wasn't for the PITA to empty powder out of I would still have it. But the Auto Trickler V4 is very efficient and quick once you figure it out. Well worth the money if you can afford it. But if I was on a budget I would go back to the RCBS Chargemaster as the Matchmaster is pretty pricey as well. Just saying
Agreed, I have a V4 and the real benefit is speed. I used a Chargemaster 1500 for about 15 years and figured out that if you picked individual kernels out of the pan you could get single kernel accuracy- but at the expence of time. Th V4 is super fast and over the long run much more time efficient.

Unless you load a lot, or have deep pockets, or time is a real factor the various RCBS scales are good enough.

2 weeks ago I would have been all over it instead I got a supertrickler gen 2. It will be here Thursday. Would have saved me 350$