Atlas Bipod vs Extreme Pod from EOL??

guncrzy

Im very interested in the new extreme pod from extreme outer limits....I cant find much information about the bipod and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with it and how it compares to the atlas? Thanks

Im very interested in the new extreme pod from extreme outer limits....I cant find much information about the bipod and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with it and how it compares to the atlas? Thanks

Well the EOL Extream Pod has some good features. I like that you can lock it in place. What I mean is once you have you bipod where you want it you can turn a lever and tighten it so it doesn't move. What I really don't like about the EOL pod but love about the Atlas is that you have to preload the pod. A lot of people hate this. But I love it. When I shoot from a bench, my rifle has free recoil. That means the rifle don't bounce. Like the Atlas, when you preload it. It doesn't bounce. It just comes straight back like shootin off bags from the bench. The EOL Pod bounces. NOT good. It changes your point of impact. Whatever pod you use try and choose one that works as if you was shootin from a bench. Let the rifle have its free recoil and not jump. Hope this helps and wish you the best of luck.

Anyone else have input on these two? Im interested and want to make sure i make the right choice.

I dont have any experience with the EOL pod, I do have and use the Atlas and it is a top notch bi-pod. You really cant go wrong with either.

I have an EOL bipod on my MOA 300 RUM. It is "ok." I like that it is capable of having the 17 inch extensions screwed into it for different shooting stances, and also the fact that it is light weight but other then that my Harris operates just as well and is quicker when setting and wanting equal shooting heights...I wouldn't buy another one for the money!

I have used both of the above listed bipods, they both have + and - . Last year I bought a Modular Evolution bipod and haven't looked back, I sold the other two. The Evolution is almost like combining the good points from both the Atlas and the EOL bipods. It works like an atlas but better and locks like the EOL. it is available with carbon fiber legs or aluminum. You can get different length legs and change and combine them, quick change legs and feet.You can also load it like the Atlas and the leg swivels have less play and are easier to move.There is also a nice Tripod mount that works great. Its light weight and solid. The ability to use the taller legs helped me out in Colorado this year on my mule deer, and I took a cow at 750+ and a 5x5 bull at 968 yards with it. Im very pleased with it and won't be looking for another bipod for a long time. I hope this helps you in your choice.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.