Arizona Coues

That's a new hunt, in years past it has been offered in the end of October, and in December. It is a good hunt, you shouldn't have a tough time finding bucks. There are deer through out the unit. If you are finding too many mule deer, find higher/steeper ground.

Congrats on your tag the unit consists of some beautiful rugged country and is a very large unit when you break it down on where to hunt. There are a lot of portions of the unit that its so thick its almost a waste of time but that's where you never know what your going to run into if you have the patience being quick on the gun and being able to shoot long distances that's never easy. The lower you hunt in the unit the more open country you'll find. But you got to get away from the roads for better success and still plan on shooting far unit 23 is big country

Thank you ,

I'm comfortable out to 600 yards so I'm hoping to be within that distance. I figured its a nice unit to do it with a hunting buddy alone .. I Called a few outfitters and all where north of 4000.00 dollars for a 3 -5 day hunt ..Been doing some research and found I pretty much camp anywhere in the unit. So that was a plus for me.. Plan was to drive in park, hike to find a nice glassing area and spike camp. I heard the weather is pretty warm through out the unit. So this should be a nice fun hunt. Gonna pick up a bear and cat tag just incase

Yes you have the right ideas from mid to the northern portion of the unit it can be cool at nights and the lower southern portion can still be pretty warm during the days in nov. There are small motels in tonto basin, Roosevelt lake and young in case your in need of a room from bad weather or a bed and shower but good luck let us know how it goes

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.