Elk in Arizona

cornchuck

Hey guys,
The wife and I are in Arizona this week (2-26 to 3-2-12). Right now we are in Sedona for a few days then going to Tombstone. Where will we be able to see some elk?

Jason

Take a drive up towards Mormon lake and then drive down thru Payson on your way to Tombstone. Either drive early in the morning or late in the afternoon. You should see at least one herd.

Thanks azgutpile. We will do that. Drive to Mormon Lake and Payson. Might be even better after the snow that come down on Tuesday.

Went to Jerome today and that was awesome. Also drove the back road to Perkinsville. That was some great country. We will back.

Jason

That should get you into elk as I was out there all around and nw of Mormon Lake in September and the area is loaded with elk. In fact, we were into elk on 13 of the 14 days of our hunt.

Thanks again for the info. We got into some elk this morning on our way to the Grand Canyon. From Sedona, we went up through Flagstaff. As we got up on top of the mountain where it starts to flatten off, a herd was standing on the west side of the road. I thought we might see something with the snow that fell last night. Plus, saw we some mule deer does at the Canyon. Today was awesome!!

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.