AR type varminter

lchu

Hello, I am new to this type of weapon. I have many types of firearms and have been collecting and shooting for years. I don't have a California-legal AR-type .223 to varmint hunt. I have been reading about the Stag M6 super varminter and it interests me. I went to the local gun store and they offered me the Sig 556 DMR. The DMR costs twice as much as the Stag M6 varminter. The M6 boast 1/2 "MOA. The gun store clerk swears that the Sig is the greatest
AR-type varminter ever. Please give me your opinions. I own assault weapons such as the H&K 93 and Belgian FN FAL from years ago....but, I don't know about the newer brands and models. I live in California. I am a 57 yr. old dentist that likes to buy toys to turn me on.

I dont have any experience with either gun that you mentioned, but since you are looking for information on varmint style AR's, I will tell you that I have the bushmaster varminter and love it. Have not done a thing to it and it shoots under 1/2 moa with the 69 smk and 22 grains of tac.

Thank you for your reply. I can't expect to find anything that shoots better than that!!!

I have a Rock River Varmint model with a 20" barrel. It is an easy 1/2 MOA gun with either 69 grain SMK or 50 grain Nosler BT.

You don't need to spend that much to get a great AR varmint gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.