• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ar---a2 stock problem

geo4061

I thought I would try an AR so I bought a Les Baer with a A2 Stock and a Leupold scope mounted as low as possible. The rifle shoots amazingly well,however, my cheek placement is terrible. My neck is canted ,in order to get a good sight picture,so far it is very uncomfortable. Do I need to buy a new stock, taller rings,or forget about an AR? I would appreciate your thoughts or if you have the cure I need it in black. Thanks

Hey geo,
You need taller rings. An AR stock has no drop unlike a bolt action which has some drop from the bore. I am using a riser and high rings on this AR as I have on all AR's and the cheek weld is perfect. Be sure your scope is level and you will have no problems - it will be a lot more comfortable too.

Attachments

• IMG_20141106_113804_217.jpg
    IMG_20141106_113804_217.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20141116_121305_746.jpg
    IMG_20141116_121305_746.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 7
Sounds good to me. How tall are the rings? How tall is the riser? It looks like the cheek on your stock is angled. Was that some additional help? My neck thanks you!

Although an AR-10, this rifle is quite comfortable. The butt is an A2 and the rings medium Burris Signature Zee. You can see roughly where the scope needs to be fore and aft. Also roughly where the scope needs to be positioned above the bore. I can offer dimensions from the AR-15s around, if necessary, but this was a quickie.

Attachments

• DSCN2269.jpg
    DSCN2269.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 10
Sounds good to me. How tall are the rings? How tall is the riser? It looks like the cheek on your stock is angled. Was that some additional help? My neck thanks you!

Get one of these:

Burris_PEPR_Moutn_10.JPG