Applying for WY Tags

Altiman94

Hi-

I have been spending quite a bit of time for the past several months in choosing the antelope units in WY to pick. I am going out as a group of 3, so we need to apply as a party. Reading through the F & G website, there is only one blip about applying for tags online.

Do you recommend to mail paper copies or apply online? I'd prefer to apply online (if available) since it would help eliminate some mistakes that could be made. I am hoping to apply by mid Feb. I'm assuming you'd want all 3 people in the same room ready to type in their info?

Just looking for everyone's opinions and/or experiences. It's my first out of state hunting trip, so exciting, yet nerve racking at the same time.

Thanks-

Apply online! You can apply as a party and it is a ton easier. Designate someone to start the party application. You apply just as you normally would except they will ask you if you are applying as an individual or party. Select party and they will give you a party #. Write down this number. Finish your application and submit it. When the other members of your party apply they will do the same thing except after they select party they can input the party # and they will be added to your party. It is one of the easier systems.

I agree...It looks alot easier to apply online.

I'm looking at units 32, 73, and 27. Possibly replace 27 with 7.

Anyone have any guidance on these units? Enough public land? Good access? Good animal population?

We're hoping to all harvest a buck, but 2 of the 3 of us won't be too picky on size.

Plenty of public in 73. You will have absolutely no problem killing bucks. You will have to have some patience to find any big ones but they are there.

I killed this buck in 73 on public land within 200 yards of an interstate. Lots of antelope, lots of public land, tough draw odds.

Attachments

• IMG_1107 small.jpg
    IMG_1107 small.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 98
DO NOT apply for unit 7. A rancher that's right on this website just south of that unit told me recently that they lost a lot of goats out there in last years winter. If you guys have 1PP or more IMO unit 27 is where I would go if you don't go with 73, as I saw plenty of animals and good bucks there in 2010 and the winter didn't hurt them. There is also plenty of public land in the unit.

i dont mean to steal this thread but im in the same boat as the OP... if i get a group of guys together and we apply but next year i have a different group, will i loose my PP?

You lose your points when you draw a 1st choice hunt, unless it's a reduced price tag (doe/fawn/type 6 cow etc.).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.