appication ??

jorvin

when i fill out my wyoming app for region c type 1 is that what i put on the lines (c type 1)? that is a general deer tag right? what is a gerneral deer tag good for? mule,white-tail, all of the above???? newbe ?'s thanks guy's

Last edited:
Jorvin,

I've been talking with an outfitter about a mule deer hunt in WY. Following is a "paste" of part of an e-mail he sent me today.

"When you fill out the application for deer place a letter H on the line for area and leave the type line empty. Do not place anything on the space for type. For elk place GEN on the line for area and leave the type line empty."

I think he is talking about a paper app. I always apply on-line. If you log in to the WYG&F site you can find and download app instructions which will explain the 1,6, 7, etc. I think I remember that 1 is antlered and 6 anterless.

Hope this helps.

Tom:)

A region C General Liscense would normally be considered a type 1. Meaning "any deer".

However, some areas inside region C may have other regulations such as "antelered deer on public land, any deer on private land"........ect.

That's what has me mixed up. If it's an "any deer tag" does that
mean you can shoot a doe also. That would be ok if it's the end of your hunt with no bucks in sight????

Last edited:
Jorvin "any deer" would include a doe. That is correct. Like Sbruce stated. Make sure of the unit you are hunting in and if its private or public land.

Yep, just put C in the first box and leave the other blank. As was said, it is normally good for a buck of either species. You will need to look in the final pamphlet that is sent with your license to see what it is good for in each one of the units within C to make sure you don't screw up. It could be good for a doe in all units, maybe does are excluded in some units(doubtful), or maybe a stipulation that does can only be shot on private land within a certain unit, etc.

No problem! I try to help everybody as much as I can since I've hunted out there most every year since 1992 and know most of the Regs. pretty good. Good luck to you too!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts