Anyone with 300 RUM plus p

What's the difference if I may ask? I searched and didn't come up with any info on ultra mag +P... Is it just a different throating or are the case dimensions different?
It is a stepped land. the reamer is set up to remove half of the land's height for a determined length.so a .004 tall land will be .002 for that determined length,, easier to start the engraving process. less initial pressure , when the second lead is hit the total land is engraved. I have been playing with 4 different chamberings with this,338 wm, 7-300 wm ,7mm Ultra rogue, 7mm RSAUM the saum is not built yet. It is my understanding that this style of throating has been around for years.

I am not being a smarta$$ by any means but be careful . My findings with my Ultra Rogue has been it will loosen a primer pocket before usual signs of pressure. and I am sure you know with Retumbo it only takes 1 grain of powder more to go explosive and blow the back of a shell into the bolt face sides. I usually dont look for ejector marks or stiff bolt. I measure case head and web and primer pockets and primer flow into the pin hole, usually if I see an ejector mark on a rp case the pocket has opened up some.
ps I shoot the vortex optics but the razor HD's :) and they work great

I dont want anyone to think the end goal is max velocity. I am simply running this rifle for load data. Once I have the load data then its time for accuracy. It is very possible the accuracy would be barely above a standard rum or could even be below. You have to hit your target first.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.