Anyone using VX-5HD

couldnt be happier with mine! Mounted on ridgeline 7mag with the cds it's a great set up! Going to be getting one for my new SML build also…

I love my VX6HD 3-18X50 Duplex Firedot.

My Meopta Optika6 in the same configuration is very close in performance for 1/2 the price.

I love my VX6HD 3-18X50 Duplex Firedot.

My Meopta Optika6 in the same configuration is very close in performance for 1/2 the price.
My VX5HD scopes are all the same quality as the VX6HD scopes. Different variables offered and some bells and whistles on the 6 but same quality glass. Much cheaper. More in line with the Meopta scopes.

Contrary to the pervasive group think, a well designed FFP reticle is better than any sfp reticle, and since this is a long range hunting forum, it certainly applies.

I would consider the 4.5-18 Bushnell lrhs2 for something in similar mag range and size, albeit a little heavier. I have two and they are excellent, and reliable.

The original lrhs 3-12 is another excellent option.

A 3-15 SWFA is also not a bad choice for something lighter and cheaper.

I agree with slowelk as I too am a FFP guy…look at the maven RS1 too I own 4 LRHS scopes and 2 Maven RS1s top quality not the quality of my new TT 315 hunter but the maven at $1080 right now…is almost 1/4 the price

Contrary to the pervasive group think, a well designed FFP reticle is better than any sfp reticle, and since this is a long range hunting forum, it certainly applies.

I would consider the 4.5-18 Bushnell lrhs2 for something in similar mag range and size, albeit a little heavier. I have two and they are excellent, and reliable.

What makes it "Better" ? Better for what ? Personally the only advantage is the magnification can be set at any power to use the range reticle unlike the SFP where it needs to be at the highest magnification.

I have a VX5 3-15x44 and my kid picked up a vx6 4-24x52 for our new elk rifles. We put them side by side and on a spare rifle. Up to the point of him actually using it....he was making fun of me, old people, old eyes, backwards thinking, etc. while at the same time bragging about his clueless arse way of thinking. First words after mounting his up before even picking it up.....JESUS THAT THING IS F'N HUGE and some other telling comments when he was looking through it! He was mumbles for a few days and I will enjoy the Bacon Cheeseburger and fries lunch we bet when he takes it off his new rifle before or right after the first elk season.

What makes it "Better" ? Better for what ? Personally the only advantage is the magnification can be set at any power to use the range reticle unlike the SFP where it needs to be at the highest magnification.
I'm sure the intended post was "Better to me" I want to believe. It happens often what they/I intend to post comes across different when read by others. For ME...I only will hunt with a SFP for anything I will eat. My only FFP scopes are on practice rifles, long range practice, and some general shoot anything varmint rifles. I dont like them as I have to turn up too much power to even see the reticle.

Ffp are heavy, at low power the reticles can be hard to see and they cost more. The only advantage is if you are using the reticle for holds.

Ffp are heavy, at low power the reticles can be hard to see and they cost more. The only advantage is if you are using the reticle for holds.
That's been my experience as well. I really like the FFP to use the MOA reticle at all magnifications but otherwise, I'll take the SFP any day over the FFP

I have a VX5 3-15x44 and my kid picked up a vx6 4-24x52 for our new elk rifles. We put them side by side and on a spare rifle. Up to the point of him actually using it....he was making fun of me, old people, old eyes, backwards thinking, etc. while at the same time bragging about his clueless arse way of thinking. First words after mounting his up before even picking it up.....JESUS THAT THING IS F'N HUGE and some other telling comments when he was looking through it! He was mumbles for a few days and I will enjoy the Bacon Cheeseburger and fries lunch we bet when he takes it off his new rifle before or right after the first elk season.
Even in a relatively open area it can be hard to locate your target with the power cranked up to 24. If the critter isn't going anywhere that's one thing, but man that narrow FOV can be a PITA at times.

Yep, the fire dot reticle is great. Still on same battery with 1 st scope. Love the motion technology. You pick up the rifle and the red dot lights up. Set it down and five minutes later it turns itself off. Love it.
Don't even have to turn them off! Just grab it and you got it! I still get the giggles about it! LOL