Anyone hunting in the heat?

I have always wondered how they do it too. I once spent a second day tracking a deer that I shot at dusk and had to stop when it got to dark to safely be crawling in the woods. It was cold so the meat was fine the next morning, in warmer weather I'd assume it would have been a total loss.

Hey, Raleigh guys. Hillsborough here heading east for black powder. If it's this hot, I don't think the deer will see me. Think cool.

I walked my pup in back of the house and the deer are burning up the Paw-Paws
they have the ground all scuffed up! If you have some it would be a good place to watch.

I live in AZ. Our archery season opened end of August when it was still 105-110*+. So yeah, we are hunting in the heat.

Heck, archery elk is going on, and still in the 90-100 range for a lot of the lower units.

Well this evening at dark marks the end of our early hound hunting for bear here in Wv. All in all this week we treed 10 and had 2 bay ups on the ground one of which weighed 250 that wanted to fight the dogs. The 2 coolest days with light drizzle were the worst hunting days. The bears didn't seem to mind the warm temps to bad . And the dogs all done very well . Today was probably the warmest and treed 2 that was right at 200 each. Only shot one of them and let the other go hopefully see him again the first week of December.

Looks like we're gonna stay in the 90's here in Kentucky and top out at 95 degrees next Tuesday (October 1st). Then next Thursday (October 3rd) the bottom drops out and sets us up for 76 degrees. We're gonna get there....:rolleyes:

Been hunting again this week in North Carolina and it has been hot. However, I have been seeing a bunch of deer just have not seen the bigun again yet...try again in the morning.

3A8C8466-0BE0-45FE-BC4A-ED8F4706C376.jpeg

Don't guess he's fond of 95 degrees either....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.