Anybody have a suppressor in Michigan?

engineer40

I will not take any responses at legal advice, but only your opinions.

I'm thinking of building a 22-250 and putting a suppressor on it (so the varmints don't know where I'm coming from).

I have many local friends who shoot rifles. I asked a few of them about suppressors because I know some of them have recently did some research on legally getting them in Michigan. Their feedback was all over the place. So I looked online... Now I'm even more confused. There is so much He said, She said BS out there on this subject.

Are there any benefits to having the suppressor in a gun trust while you are still living?

Is it legal to move the suppressor around to multiple rifles?

Could my wife legally shoot the gun with the suppressor? Someone stated the serial number of the suppressor is tied to me and I would be the only person who could legally shoot it.

Thanks! This topic is frustrating.

I will not take any responses at legal advice, but only your opinions.

In Arkansas, any person in the trust can use , sell or buy nfa items in trust. If your wife is in the trust, she can shoot and possess the suppressor. If done in your name , instead of a trust, you are the only one that can possess and use that suppressor.

In Arkansas, any person in the trust can use , sell or buy nfa items in trust. If your wife is in the trust, she can shoot and possess the suppressor. If done in your name , instead of a trust, you are the only one that can possess and use that suppressor.

There's a sub-forum for "SUPPRESSORS" with excellent info.

Thanks canderson! That's what I was thinking also. I appreciate the response!

Then it would also make sense that any firearm in the trust could use the suppressor.

Do you have a firearm trust? Did you use a lawyer?

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.