Anybody have any information on the Barnes XLC bullets

Usmcinfantry1988

Hey guys so I got a box in the mail today that contained a bunch of reloading components I had bought from a fellow out west recently , in it was some bullets I have never seen before , these are blue Barnes XLC bullets , seems to be a blue coating on them . Does anybody have any info on if these are good bullets or not , how's there terminal performance ? These are 7mm 160 gr , if there any good I will load them in my 280 ! Thanks guys !

I used them back when they first came out. Could never get great accuracy out of them but they worked fine on a couple deer.

Have some in the Federal premium factory loads in 270win that do great out of my Abolt and vanguard. Basically just blue tripleshocks

Hey guys so I got a box in the mail today that contained a bunch of reloading components I had bought from a fellow out west recently , in it was some bullets I have never seen before , these are blue Barnes XLC bullets , seems to be a blue coating on them . Does anybody have any info on if these are good bullets or not , how's there terminal performance ? These are 7mm 160 gr , if there any good I will load them in my 280 ! Thanks guys !
I'm not sure if this is still relevant but I have had very good results with the XLC bullets. My son's 7WSM shoots the 160g XLC FB right at 3/4MOA and my Weatherby Ultralightweight 280REM throws the 140XLC BT right at 2"@200yds.
I have a full box of the 140's for sale if you're interested....

I used them in my STW back in the 90's. No they do not make them anymore and dont have any laying around. Tried real hard to get some a couple years ago. Kid killed his first bull with 160XLC.

Send an email to Barnes. I don't think they publish data for them anymore but I bet they can help you out.

If that doesn't work I've used Barnes TSX data, backed off 10% and worked back up.

I have some of the 160 in 7mm, was shooting in my 7mmRM back in 2006 time frame. I have a Barnes book that lists load data for them if you want me to copy the page and send it. Killed one cow elk with them and maybe a blacktail buck, but not positive on that last. Recovered bullets from the cow and they were mostly intact with a decent mushroom. You should be able to load a bit more powder for more velocity similar to TSX data. Shot fine in my old rem 700 using rl22.

16741553735196865228284743004837.jpg
16741554060022267163986409475678.jpg

For comparison.

I still use them in my dad's 6.5-06AI. They shoot well, kill well but BC is terrible lol. I think I have 100-150 left... I think :rolleyes: Not sure what i'll do after they're gone.

t