Anybody ever used these binos "What a Find"

wildcat

My wife and I were cleaning out her grandfathers basement. During the cleaning, we found some Binoculars that were old. They were in excellent condition and the optics are so clear I can't believe it. No Joke, they are so clear, I feel like I am looking through a pair of Swaros.

They are Called; "Jason Statesman, Model 138F, they are 7x37 and made in Japan". Has anyone ever used these or owned a pair. I am serious, the clarity is awesome. I am very excited about the find, because I need a pair of Bi-nos and was getting ready to spend alot of money. I really lucked out with these bi-nos.

W.

Yeah. We have an old pair of Jason's, too, but ours is model 192. :) They are nice. Congrats on your find.
I have no clue if Jasons were expensive when they were new, but now you can find them on eBay for $10 - $30 (depending on the model of course). So if you ever need another pair of binoculars you could find some more Jasons there for a reasonable price.

-Barbara

I don't want to sell them. They are extreamly clear and very nice. My friend brought his Swaros over this morning to compare them, he to could not believe how clear these bi-nos are. He was very impressed with the clarity. I found a site that said these bi-nos cost about $600 when they were new. I am not sure how accurate that price is, however, I believe it when I look through the glass.

I was getting ready to buy a pair of Swaros, however, these bi-nos are so clear I am going to use them. Buy finding these babies, I am going to save a ton of money. I am serious, these bi-nos are super clear.

W.

Wildcat, that's pretty cool. Not only did you save a lot of money and get a nice pair of Binos, but it sounds like they probably have some history to go along with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.