Any interest in an aluminum chassis for Anschutz Exemplar?

Topstrap

Last year I made a billet aluminum stock for my Anschutz Exemplar. Not the most cosmetically pleasing stock ever created but it really made the Exemplar a lot easier to shoot at our local longrange rimfire matches using bipods or bags off a bench and compete against the rifle guys.

There are a lot of the Exemplars still out there and with IHMSA silhouette about dead these guns haven't seen much use. The original wooden stock just wasn't designed for use off a bench but shooting creedmore is really shined.

We've been running longrange rimfire steel plate matches here in Eastern Ohio from 25 yards out to 200 yards at my range, a buddies range and even out to 350 yards at Taylors Paradise. They easily hold their own against the higher end rifles.

I helped (well, gave my thoughts anyway) Randy Wise and Joe Updike come up with a chassis design for our longrange centerfire pistols which was the Gen I and he's modified the original design and now makes them for nearly all the centerfire actions for both pistols and rifles. His company is called Accurate Rifle Systems. http://www.accurateriflesystems.com/

Joe and I have chatted about the possibility of making a chassis similiar to the centerfire pistols but on a smaller scale for the Anschutz Exemplar and possibly the Chipmunk and Cricket. I think the Exemplar would compete with a lot of the rifles at the benchrest matches and could possibly create it's own class if enough had them.

I showed Joe my stock and he has an interest in getting together to see what we can come up with for these pistols. He wanted me to post on various rimfire sites and see if there was any interest in others wanting a really nice aluminum chassis for their bolt action rimfire pistols. He also wanted an idea as to what shooters would be willing to pay for one.

I had a few ideas based on what I've learned from my initial design, I think a interchangable piece on the bottom of the stock for different widths bags or fastening a bipod onto would be nice. I use an AR style grip and have a fine threaded ball stud that rotates in a hard plastic base sitting on the bench to adjust my elevation. I really like it and is a great improvement over a bag or wedges. I imagine some benchrest guys may prefer a flat based grip to slide on a hard bag.

We'll be getting together in mid December to take mine apart to get measurements and discuss ideas we both have on a design. I imagine Randy Wise will be there since he had most of the input on the original centerfire pistol stocks and being one of the best in our area with his centerfire longrange pistols he's really got it figured out what works and what doesn't.

Please post some feedback with your ideas, drawings, comments and what you'd think a quality stock for one of these rimfires would be worth to you. Joe checks in here quite often and will be able to read any comments.

Topstrap

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.