Any input on Badrock Rifles South Fork

I think they are Defiance built if I'm not mistaken.
I believe you are right. Just seeing if anyone had any experience. I know they are relatively new to the market as a rifle company, but not as an action. Would only assume the rifles are of the same class as the actions. Seems like a good option especially at the price point. Just saw now that they are offering 300 prc and 300 wm.

They are built off a custom run of the tenacity action. I built a 6XC off tenacity number 111 and ended up almost the cost of the badrock. If it had been out before doing my tenacity build would have definitely went with the badrock. It has a few upgrades over the stock tenacity (plus now available in long action magnum, maybe tenacity LA magnum is next). Upgrades over stock tenacity are: Coned-nose, controlled round feed and sliding plate extractor, Mechanical (Winchester M70-style blade) ejector. Website doesn't show it yet, but they are doing 300 WM and 300 PRC now.

The only downside, that I don't think they have addressed yet, is that they don't have a set barrel manufacturer.

With the uptick in sub $2,000 rifles (barely, as all seem to be 1,999) for production class PRS purposes there are a lot of options coming out now to consider as well. MPA just put this out: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/curtis-action-x-caliber-barre/

They are built off a custom run of the tenacity action. I built a 6XC off tenacity number 111 and ended up almost the cost of the badrock. If it had been out before doing my tenacity build would have definitely went with the badrock. It has a few upgrades over the stock tenacity (plus now available in long action magnum, maybe tenacity LA magnum is next). Upgrades over stock tenacity are: Coned-nose, controlled round feed and sliding plate extractor, Mechanical (Winchester M70-style blade) ejector. Website doesn't show it yet, but they are doing 300 WM and 300 PRC now.

The only downside, that I don't think they have addressed yet, is that they don't have a set barrel manufacturer.

With the uptick in sub $2,000 rifles (barely, as all seem to be 1,999) for production class PRS purposes there are a lot of options coming out now to consider as well. MPA just put this out: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/curtis-action-x-caliber-barre/

Great info! At the 2k price point which do you feel is a better option or would it be more of a preference at this level of setup?

Great info! At the 2k price point which do you feel is a better option or would it be more of a preference at this level of setup?

I think it would come down to preference, and possibly if waiting for a while, range reports. All the setups that i have seen have great components in them. My tenacity is extremely smooth and functions well, with the additional features on the badrock I would have definitely went that route instead of building myself. The PVA built off custom branded ARC Nucleus seems very solid, but the company has been having some growing pains. I have 2 Nucleus builds (a 6mm creedmoor for my son with an x-caliber barrel, in krg bravo chassis with TT diamond, maybe Bix tacspot, and a 7 saum with all the same specs but different color bravo for myself) and have been extremely happy with them.

Only a matter of time before someone starts a production class rifle based off an origin. I ordered an origin at the same time as the 2 nucleus's and ordered another one I like it so much. Haven't played with a curtis action so not sure on it, but they do seems to be well liked. Anything MPA puts out is usually top notch.

In short, it is an exciting time as top manufacturers continue to create options for the production class of prs. If I had to choose one today, I would probably lean towards the MPA. The chassis is the best of the all the ones I have looked at in my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.