Any factory rifles in 338 Norma?

Rockin90

Besides Accuracy International and Barrett are there any companies making rifles in 338 Norma Magnum? I have seen a few in 300 Norma but haven't been able to find any in 338.

The .338 Lapua Mag has pretty much dominated the U.S. firearms industry for a couple of decades or more. Americans are captivated by anything that the U.S. military buys for our troops and the .338 Lapua is no different. With the market saturated by rifles chambered in the .338 Lapua Mag, the .338 Norma Mag languishes on the sidelines except for more custom chassis-type firearms.

I'm sure that there are those who know of .338 NM models which are available but I spent what time I could searching.

I didn't complete an exhaustive search of every source but I didn't turn over any new offerings in the .338 Norma Magnum cartridge except...

Accurate-Mag Products offers a Savage based rifle in either the .300 Norma Mag or the .338 Norma Mag.

https://accurate-mag.com/shop/rifles/special-service-rifle/

Special Service Rifle

Description:

The Special Service Rifle was a joint venture between Savage Arms, Norma Ammunition and Accurate-Mag Products to develop the first commercial rifle offering of the 300 Norma & 338 Norma calibers. Savage Arms manufactures the complete barrel action in the trusted model 110 action, the barrel has a 1:9 twist rate, 5/8 24 threaded muzzle with protector in a 27″ barrel length. The SSR comes standard with the Accurate-Mag base level chassis. This chassis can be further modified with any of our Solid Chassis butt-stock or fore-end systems sold separately.
The Special Service Rifle embodies all of the needed attributes for Sporting and Tactical long distance shooting with the NORMA Cartridge and rigid AM Products chassis at a feature to price point unparalleled in the precision rifle market. An excellent choice for LEO long range applications as well as an accurate long range hunting shot.
Caliber: .300 Norma Magnum or .338 Norma Magnum
Mag Type: XM2010 (3.850) variant (338LM CASE)
Action: Savage 110
Barrel Length: 27″ 1:9 Twist 6 Grooves, Savage Taper
Overall Length: 48″ 5/8 x 24 TPI w/thread protector ring
Weight: 13 lbs
Color: Black, Flat Dark Earth

At nearly $4,000 for a Savage, I will say that I am not in that market!

Personally, I suggest that you contact any of several gunsmiths to have a .338 Norma Mag rifle built. They aren't that exotic, making components hard to source. Find a Lapua based action and go from there. Stiller makes one around $1,000 + a little. Search the Classified Ads for a used action.

If you think that DIY basement builds suit you, buy a Savage or a Remington and a Pre-fit barrel which you can attach yourself.

Enjoy the Process!

:)

The .338 Lapua Mag has pretty much dominated the U.S. firearms industry for a couple of decades or more. Americans are captivated by anything that the U.S. military buys for our troops and the .338 Lapua is no different. With the market saturated by rifles chambered in the .338 Lapua Mag, the .338 Norma Mag languishes on the sidelines except for more custom chassis-type firearms.

I'm sure that there are those who know of .338 NM models which are available but I spent what time I could searching.

I didn't complete an exhaustive search of every source but I didn't turn over any new offerings in the .338 Norma Magnum cartridge except...

Accurate-Mag Products offers a Savage based rifle in either the .300 Norma Mag or the .338 Norma Mag.

Special Service Rifle

Description:

The Special Service Rifle was a joint venture between Savage Arms, Norma Ammunition and Accurate-Mag Products to develop the first commercial rifle offering of the 300 Norma & 338 Norma calibers. Savage Arms manufactures the complete barrel action in the trusted model 110 action, the barrel has a 1:9 twist rate, 5/8 24 threaded muzzle with protector in a 27″ barrel length. The SSR comes standard with the Accurate-Mag base level chassis. This chassis can be further modified with any of our Solid Chassis butt-stock or fore-end systems sold separately.
The Special Service Rifle embodies all of the needed attributes for Sporting and Tactical long distance shooting with the NORMA Cartridge and rigid AM Products chassis at a feature to price point unparalleled in the precision rifle market. An excellent choice for LEO long range applications as well as an accurate long range hunting shot.

Personally, I suggest that you contact any of several gunsmiths to have a .338 Norma Mag rifle built. They aren't that exotic, making components hard to source. Find a Lapua based action and go from there. Stiller makes one around $1,000 + a little. Search the Classified Ads for a used action.

If you think that DIY basement builds suit you, buy a Savage or a Remington and a Pre-fit barrel which you can attach yourself.

Enjoy the Process!

.340 Weatherby shoots pretty good also..

Special Service Rifle

Description:

Enjoy the Process!

.340 Weatherby shoots pretty good and packs a pinch.

Americans are captivated by anything that the U.S. military buys for our troops and the .338 Lapua is no different.
By that reasoning we should see an uptick in Norma sales as the military is walking away from the Lapua and to the Norma. Having said that, Christensen used to chamber a couple rifles in the Norma but it looks like they've dropped them.

Like sable said, for the price point of a factory 338 Norma. You can have a rifle built or gather the parts and build your own. If you're looking to buy, I might let one go.

By that reasoning we should see an uptick in Norma sales as the military is walking away from the Lapua and to the Norma. Having said that, Christensen used to chamber a couple rifles in the Norma but it looks like they've dropped them.

The saturation of the market under the name of the .338 Lapua still controls a substantial portion of the market. We don't currently have a full scale war going on where the .338 Norma Mag is featured either, as we did with the Lapua.

FullCurl8 said:

How is Brass availability for 338 Norma?
It gets a little light at times but I have been able to pick up Peterson brass with fair regularity.

I just ran a check on several of the top suppliers we trust, most have one brand on hand while a couple have more than one brand. Lapua brand (100/box) and Peterson brand (50/box) seem to show the best availability right now. Sig Sauer is downplaying their lack of supply by only offering bags of 25/box. Norma can be found offering boxes of both 25 and 50.

I just bought Peterson at $107/box. Lapua can be found with decent prices from a couple of suppliers.

Enjoy the search.

Not long ago came across 200 pieces of Norma brass in the 338 Norma Magnum for a price I could not pass up and thought it must be a sign. Since then I have been looking and can't really see why there is not more factory offerings. I will be looking for something. I missed one about a month ago. Maybe another will come through the classifieds.

Special Service Rifle

Description:

Enjoy the Process!

The cost of the rifle pales in comparison to the cost of 300 and 338 Norma Mag ammo.....when one can locate any.