Any custom long range Browning A-bolt owners?

I know there's atleast one, but its not mine. I've got a 270 stainless stalker the shoots 1/2'' at 100 and I've been wanting to stretched its legs...

One of my favorite personal guns is a A-bolt Stainless Stalker 300 RUM. I ordered several before the RUM's were gone. I built two nice rifles for customers, but kept one to build for myself.
I pillar bedded it in the factory stock, added a brake and a Moyer's trigger. It shoots 3 shots under 1/2" at 100 yards so I really don't want to mess with it. It likes 150 Scirocco's with a compressed charge of Retumbo. Getting 3700 fps out of the 26" bbl. I'd like to build a heavy barrel rig with it and put it in a McMillan stock, but it shoots really good for what it is so I'm holding off for now.

I have 4 Browning A-bolts and every one of them shoot under MOA. My favorite right now is my 270wsm with berger 140's. I killed an elk last year at over 800 with it. I have an ior with burris rings and ferrel picitinny rail.
I am getting a new x-bolt varmint 243 with a heavy barrel that I am waiting on. I cant wait to see what it will do. As you can tell I am a huge browning fan but I have been so lucky with great shooting guns that it makes it hard to want anything else..
I do have a rem 700 22-250 that is going to get some custom treatment and a new caliber (6mm, 6mmai, or maybe a 6x284) so I cant wait to put it against the browning varmint. Now none of my rifles compare to custom gun accuracy But they ALL have shot MOsquirell, MOdeer and MOelk!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts