Any 22 grendel guys

Where did you come up with your 22 Grendel dies? Midway lists everything but. Just amazing what all is out there. Kind of comical looking at the list. I didn't even see 6mm Grendel on there. Loading options, are they out there?

Where did you come up with your 22 Grendel dies? Midway lists everything but. Just amazing what all is out there. Kind of comical looking at the list. I didn't even see 6mm Grendel on there. Loading options, are they out there?
Typically what I've seen is that you use a 6.5 grendel die but then use the 22 caliber sized bushings. I use all bushing dies for everything I load.

There are soo many variants of them it's funny... just a few examples,

243 LBC, 6mm turbo, 6 turbo improved, 6 fat rat, 6mm ar, 6mm predator (what mine is considered to be) that's just off the top of my head. They are all incredibly similar but all different in their own way lol

Have hunted coyotes for many years, have mostly shot bolt guns, but getting the thermal itch and wanted something that could get some shots of at night fairly quick as there is lots of dogs on a ranch i have access to.
I had a 22 grendel from balwin gunworks in Illinois done. Suppressed i am running a 69 grain tmk at approximately 3300fps with accuracy. I plan to use this on some dogs this winter as well as maybe some wolves here in idaho.

What are your guy's experiences with the 69tmk on dogs and if you run a 22 grendel what loads have you played with
Calib, I have hunted and killed coyotes for a long time. For a 22 Grendel, I would not opt for a Heavy bullet for a couple of reasons, trajectory and jacket failure to open quickly. A couple of 55g bullets have worked very, very well for us and one 60g bullet.

55g Sierra, any but the blitz kings, they are too explosive
55g Sierra lead tip blitz is in a class by it's self in massacring a coyote around 3400-3500 fps***I can not stress this enough
Toughest of the 55g is the Sierra 55g BTHp
55g Winchester with the canalure is excellent also
55g Nosler ballistic tip never has failed us

60g Berger is fantastic to say the least

Speed is the killer as it sets up a temporary wound cavity with permanent tissue destruction.

Spinners, nippers, and flippers occur when you hit them behind the diaphragm, or when you hit them low.

Speed is your friend with a bullet that will not blow up on contact. You have to hit shoulders on frontal quartering shots with bullets not exploding, penetrating to the heart and lungs. All of the bullets I have mentioned will do this in spades. Shots quartering from the rear have to penetrate 12", all the bullets I mentioned with do this after breaking a rear hip joint.

I would not opt for a bullet heavier than 60g in the Grendel due to impact velocity, and see no need in a heavy bullet for coyotes unless you are shooting at some spectacular distance, which night hunting you are not.

For shooting coyotes in the stomach(behind the diaphragm) or in front of the rear legs(kidney shot), then fast 6mm bullets take over or a 22/250 AI with 55's at 4000, at least in my experience.

Back when it was legal, we hunted Mexico with proper gun permits, Etc. We killed more coyotes in two years than most people kill or even see in a life time. We tried all kinds of calibers and bullets, constantly over the years with only military caliber not allowed.

Remember the winning combo is easy:

Speed/good bullet construction/ shot placement

If I were shooting a 22 Grendel, I would shoot a 55g Sierra lead tip blitz and massacre coyotes....massacre!

Thanks keithcandler,

I do plan to stretch this early morning after night hunts or evenings before as well as at night. I have shot it so far to 525 and it shoots very well, took it on my elk hunt last werkend and was exploding rocks 250 on out with it.

The trajectory on this set up is pretty good rite now. I think if i went smaller and faster i would either go pointed soft point or like a hammer low 50 grain with a hollow point.

I also dont want to depend on a small bullet incase a wolf came into the call or was a target of opportunity, would like to be able to spank one with a good shot.

I have been using redding s type bussing 6.5 grendel dies bushed down for 22 cal, you could easily do 243 cal grendel variants.

If I was in wolf country/coyote country I would use a 65gr sierra game king. Ive used them on hog down in Tx with pretty good results.

If I was in wolf country/coyote country I would use a 65gr sierra game king. Ive used them on hog down in Tx with pretty good results.
If it is a boat tail i would be willing to try and see how the gun likes it. This 69 tmk and load is running so good i dont want to change it rite now.

Have shot a deer and a yote with the 69 tmk at 3300. Worked just fine on both. Also shot deer and yotes with the 68 grain hornady bthp at the same speed. Also worked fine. Would be confident with either on a wolf. Currently shooting the 60 tmk as my 22/250 spits these at 3650 compared to 3300 on the 68/69s. Also have a 10 twist so I am more confident that I am getting full stability out of the 60s. Haven't shot a coyote with the 60s but have taken several chucks and the carnage is spectacular. Probably wouldn't shoot anything bigger than a yote with the 60s at this point as it almost certainly wont have the penetration of the heavier /slower bullets.

Have shot a deer and a yote with the 69 tmk at 3300. Worked just fine on both. Also shot deer and yotes with the 68 grain hornady bthp at the same speed. Also worked fine. Would be confident with either on a wolf. Currently shooting the 60 tmk as my 22/250 spits these at 3650 compared to 3300 on the 68/69s. Also have a 10 twist so I am more confident that I am getting full stability out of the 60s. Haven't shot a coyote with the 60s but have taken several chucks and the carnage is spectacular. Probably wouldn't shoot anything bigger than a yote with the 60s at this point as it almost certainly wont have the penetration of the heavier /slower bullets.
Your 22 250 was shooting 69 at 3300, sounds very conservative

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.