Another Texan

texas 527

Howdy, another Texan from south central Texas checking in. Have been a pistol and rifle competitive shooter and hunter since I was a boy.

Currently shooting a .264 Win Mag 1960's vintage FN Supreme custom rifle. Still has the original Bushnell Banner 4X scope on it. Steel tube, very bright and clear. See no reason to replace it. I have restored the rifle during the last 6 months and love to shoot it. Sako trigger is very smooth. This rifle has no problems holding a very tight group at 200 yards plus.

My wife is having a new hunting rifle made for me for my 60th birthday in July. New rifle is a .308 built on a Montana Rifle Works action, carbon fiber stock and Shilen Barrel, Rem 700 trigger. Still deciding on optics, leaning towards Meopta or Zeiss but a couple of Vectors look very nice too. There are more choices now than ever before for quality scopes.

very concerned about our "beloved leaders" efforts to disarm american citizens. Not enough of us are getting involved and saying HELL NO! IMHO.

Last and most important, my wife is also a shooter and is a better shot than I am.

Welcome Texas ..... you're a lucky man. A lot of wives just pack a lunch for us and send us off to the range on our own. Wish mine would shoot. Not that she can't; she's a pretty fine pistol shooter. But she just wanted to learn for self defense so I guess I'll have to spend those lonely days at the range hugging my rifle. :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.