Another broadhead question....

Bad466

I see most of you guys are using 100 grain broadheads. I checked the weight of my field points and they came in at 85 grains. Any reason not to try an 85 grain broadhead?

I see most of you guys are using 100 grain broadheads. I checked the weight of my field points and they came in at 85 grains. Any reason not to try an 85 grain broadhead?

85 gr should be fine.

I went with 100gr only to be compatible with my vertical bow.
using the same BH on both simplifies logistics.

85 gr should be fine.

I went with 100gr only to be compatible with my vertical bow.
using the same BH on both simplifies logistics.

Sorta the same here, except I went with 125 gr. only because I already had a large overstock of them and field points. It was only for convenience when I started out cause I couldn't wait to start shooting the thing. Then, the Optimizer got calibrated with those, etc. If I thought a lighter or heavier-anything would make a difference I'd for sure change. I've had my bow for 4 yrs. now and that 1st setup has continued to work well for me each year. Every animal I've shot has been clean through. I don't think 10-15 gr.s makes THAT much difference when hunting, which is all I do with mine. (Long Range target grouping may be a different game.) Main thing I see is to setup the kit for accuracy, which is nothing more than consistency & predictability on my part. The animal won't care.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.