Angle Cosine Indicator & Angle Degree Indicator

I'm happy that there are people utilizing the ACI. Some have attempted to imitate it. And as you are probably aware, There's also high tech laser range finders and mobile phones that produce similar results. But the bottom line about the patented ACI ™© and ADI ™©, is as follows:

1. It's stupid simple;
2. It's completely mechanical;
3. There's No Electronics to fail;
4. There's no Batteries to fail;
5. It can take a battlefield beating and survive without any problems;
6. It's Battle Proven;
7. It's water proof;
8. It's deadly accurate;
9. It's can be ran over by a Humvee and continue working;
10. A concrete wall will not defeat it;
11. It's Very Affordable.

I have owned the very first Angle Cosine Indicator (ACI) to have been produced. That was back in 1999. That same unit has never been opened up and it still works every bit as good as the day I made it with my own hands.

"In a day and age when there are very few if any investments that you can make or trust, this is one that you can bet your life on for your lifetime.©"

It works. Attach it to your weapon system utilizing a Night Force or Badger Ordnance Picatinny Rail Mount, or use one of Shawn Carlock's Ring mounts, then level the ACI to the bore of your barrel, and you're off to your daily chores.

As you are probably aware, there are several different ways to utilize the ACI. Those ways are as follows:

1) Simply input the cosine number or the indicated angle into your ballistic software.

2) Multiple the cosine number to your sloped distance to target.

.7 cosine X 1000 yards or meters = 700 yards or meters.

3) Multiply the cosine number to your hold as depicted on your data card.

.7 cosine X 3 mils = 2.1 mils

4) This next method is a different approach, however as you come to understand this method, you will find that it is also simple. An easy way to explain how this works is to show you a scenario.

Lets say that your sloped distance to target is 1000 yards or meters.
The cosine number being indicated is .70;
100% - 70% = 30%
Take the 30, multiply it to the distance to target in 10th's, (30 X 10 = 300)
Now subtract 300 from 1000 and you have a corrected for gravity distance to target of 700 yards or meters.

One more thing. The ACI ws designed to be a redundant system. What that means is that the cosine numerals on the ride hand side of the lens, above and below Zero, are spaced in even ten degree increments. If the user desires to utilize angles instead of the depicted cosine numerals, they would simply count up or down to obtain them.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.