An ongoing review of a Nosler M48 Custom rifle...

I love nosler bullets. Accubonds and Ballistic tips. They both perform flawlessly on game for me. But in my experience they are not one hole bullets. I have no trouble getting them to shoot 1/2 MOA in pretty much any gun I throw them in but getting them down to 1/4 MOA or smaller is a real challenge. So it is possible that the gun may shoot better with a different bullet, perhaps an Amax, but 1/2 MOA is certainly good enough for hunting. Especially with a bullet you have confidence in. Great job and right up.

Would you mind sharing where you got the gun and the cost? I'd like to get a custom gun but can't afford the $4000+ guns.

Thanks

That's a great deal. Not including the scope? Right? Still a great deal. A lot of the customs I've looked at are $5000 & you buy the scope separate.

Everything.... Rifle, scope, mounts, sling.., $5,005

Well that's a great deal in my opinion. It sounds like you definitely recommend it? I'm am trying to decide whether to build my own or buy one. I'm pretty confident that I could build a good shooting gun as I have build a few cheaper ones that shoot 1/2 MOA to 500 yards. Not sure which route I'll go but this is a great option. Thanks again for sharing.

Jared

In my experience with the Pro Chrono...as long as you set it in the shade or use it on overcast days, and set it up properly, it works just fine...I've had 3 of them over the course of nearly 10 years I guess...shot the first 2, one of them getting downrange velocities (800 yards), the other I plugged with a 45acp...I think I have pics, both were one shot kills.

All 3 were the same...fine in the shade or overcast, junk in the sun.

I found one pic...this the one I got with the 45.

What did you get for MV on your 45 acp 😉

Looks like a shooter!
I've been shooting for the past 2 days...I waited to do this write up until I was back to work so I'd have time to try to do it right.

My thoughts on the rifle after 2 days of shooting it...I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've looked it over with a microscope (not really) trying to find an imperfection in fit or finish...can't find any.

I love the stock (Kevlar/Carbon fiber)...the way it fits me is different than I'm used to (Rem 700 stocks)...but its different in a good way. It shoulders easily and comfortably, it feels good in the hand, its grippy, and most of all....recoil even from some pretty hot loads is painless. Its a very well designed stock...weighs 1.5 lbs.

The action...all I know to say is "wow"...the bolt moves so freely, yet there's no "slop" in it...the rounds load into the magazine so easily, effortlessly...and the smoothness with which it feeds those rounds from the magazine has to be felt to be understood...its that smooth. I would have never believed it from a push feed if I had not seen it with my own 2 eyes...

The bolt itself...all indications are that the lugs are making full and even contact...disassembly is a snap (literally), just twist and its apart.

The barrel...I followed the prescribed break in (comes with the rifle)...it coppered a very little for the first 5 rounds and then it was done...no more copper. Pushing a patch through it, you can tell its a hand lapped bore...smooooooth.

Shooting (accuracy)...its still early in the game (very early), but its looking promising so far.

Nosler Trophy Grade ammo (160 Partitions)...the very first "group" I fired.

My reloads...150 ABLR and 62 grains of MRP in Nosler brass (3,120 fps).

Am I happy with my purchase? You're **** right I am!!!