AMP Aztec codes? What exactly do they mean?

Bigeclipse

All,

I have a quick question. I do understand that the Aztec code determines the length of time the brass is annealed but im trying to get a better understanding since I have a wide variety of brass and brass batches within brands. For example I have hundreds of 28Nosler brass but they were purchased as once fired lots from multiple people since it was so expensive and hard to find so I divided the pieces into different weights and neck thicknesses. I have since ran multiple runs of Aztec tests and have come up with codes which appear to be tight together and trying to figure out how much difference it truly is. For example I got 0169, 0166, 0167, and a 0162. If these are simply dwell times in seconds then maybe I could call it good for all and use a code in the middle? For example is 0169 really simply 1.69 seconds? If so, then does it really matter much going from 1.69 down to 1.62 seconds? Seems like it would be a very minute amount of time difference. Thanks

I can't say what variables are used for the equation that the number is derived from but a higher number means more intense anneal...ie- softer. The Aztec user's manual states that one can use a custom anneal by raising/lowering the number somewhat to increase/decrease, respectively, the fullness of the anneal state. I am clueless whether this equates into increases dwell time in the coil, intensity of current in the coil, frequency or combinations thereof. However, a call or email to Alex Findlay is usually responded to rather quickly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.