Ammo Shortages--Federal Agencies Stockpiling Excessive Ammo- IRS alone over 5 million rounds.

Yes, the IRS doesnt need 5 million rounds of ammo.

They need new computers and they need more agents processing returns.

We have poor management, poor planning, and wrong policy in D.C.

Everything is eactly backwards.

The cart is leading and the horse is behind, and aint even hitched.

Why do EPA, IRS, and a dozen other administrative agencies need millions of rounds?

FBI, CIA, Border Patrol, Homeland Security. Yes they need some ammo.

But the real function of federal agencies is not supposed to be to keep citizens from having any ammo.

If all those millions of rounds were not soaked up by fake federal demand, just think, there might be more spare primers and more powder, and more bullets available as components for reloaders.

Maybe primers would not be $170
a brick.....

Amen! It's highly suspicious when you have pencil pushing government agencies buying up ammo and having almost 6000 firearms. On top of that trying to push Lake City brass to quit selling to the civilian market, and legislation being introduced as we speak to prohibit private citizens from owning body armor.

Do you think the tyrants are afraid we might water the tree of freedom?

The IRS has a criminal investigation division that carries weapons. This is not new. They bought ammo during the last administration and all the administrations before that. Gaetz is in fact trying to disarm law enforcement for political gain.

Yep, I hope he puts a stop to ammo hoarding 50 times above any actual need for agencies like IRS, EPA, and others. These are not the FBI, the CIA, and Secret Service. While they do have small investigation and enforcement squads, they do not need 5 million surplus rounds each year. That is above and beyond their training requirement by many millions of rounds.

Taxpayers are footing the bill for waste and political actions by their own government. The government serves at the pleasure of the people.
Not the other way around. One day soon we will get all these agencies cleaned up, the sycophants thrown out, and budgets applied to computers and processing returns, not buying all the ammo off the shelves they can with our money.

We need this about as much as a truth commission to control anybody who says something the govt. doesnt like......Im glad that got shot down in flames.

There will be a new Congress in town shortly. And this kind of misbehavior and waste will have a lot more oversight than it does even now.

Yep, I hope he puts a stop to ammo hoarding 50 times above any actual need for agencies like IRS, EPA, and others. These are not the FBI, the CIA, and Secret Service. While they do have small investigation and enforcement squads, they do not need 5 million surplus rounds each year. That is above and beyond their training requirement by many millions of rounds.

Taxpayers are footing the bill for waste and political actions by their own government. The government serves at the pleasure of the people.
Not the other way around. One day soon we will get all these agencies cleaned up, the sycophants thrown out, and budgets applied to computers and processing returns, not buying all the ammo off the shelves they can with our money.

We need this about as much as a truth commission to control anybody who says something the govt. doesnt like......Im glad that got shot down in flames.

There will be a new Congress in town shortly. And this kind of misbehavior and waste will have a lot more oversight than it does even now.
He is not talking about ammo hoarding, He is talking about banning the IRS from purchasing ammunition. Those are 2 totally different things. One is putting a cap on how much ammo they can have stockpiled, the other is not allowing them to have ammo at all. The IRS has around 3200 agents in the criminal investigation division. They are sworn law enforcement officers. They make arrests. They carry guns. If 3200 agents go to the range on a weekly basis and shoot 100 rds, that is 8,320,000 rds a year. 3200 agents x 26 weeks x 100rds = 8,320,000 rds of ammo a year. Thats 2600 rds per agent per year. I have a friend whose son is a police officer and he gets more than that a year to practice with. The agents obviously are not doing this or they would need to stockpile even more. 5,000,000 rds does not seem so outrageous at all when you do the math. 5,000,000 /3200 = 1562 rds per agent per year.

Last edited:
Sorry are their a lot of armed thugs committing tax fraud? Or are they more white collar criminals. I doubt they run into too much armed resistance. And if you need to make an arrest why not partner with another useless governmental agency known as the FBI. I don't buy that, especially since they unjustifiably were targeting conservative organizations during Obama.

And if "law" enforcement are truly shooting that much which they aren't. Then they would be way more accurate in times of actually needing to shoot.

Again Doubt there is a huge need for millions of rounds for the IRS. Since it's our money they are using, we should get to determine who gets what.

Yes, there are allot of armed thugs that commit tax fraud. I don't know if you realize this but often times drug dealers don't pay taxes on the illegal drugs they sell. Sometimes people will give money to terrorist organizations and forget to tell the IRS. Human traffickers often forget to file taxes on the money they make from selling girls into prostitution Oh and they do work with the FBI on a regular basis.

Kind of makes me wonder if the IRS criminal investigations division has not been involved in the investigation of sex trafficking and Matt Gaetz who is sponsoring the bill. Wouldn't that be a coincidence.

Last edited:
So the IRS is supposed to find drug dealers, sex traffickers? Those agents are going there because of issues with taxes. Drug dealers don't file taxes.

I thought we had the police, DEA and FBI, and countless others to find these bad people. I know all they could get Al Capone on was tax issues but I doubt the IRS knew anything about the 30+ Illegals found dead in a semi in Texas.

And based off your argument their job and areas of concern are the taxes the government isn't getting! Not the drugs or the sex slaves?

You are giving them WAY too much credit.

They were involved in the prosecution of Al Capone. IRS Special Agent Frank Wilson worked with the treasury department to convict Capone on 22 counts of federal tax evasion. One could say that Capone never would have spent a day in prison if it weren't for the IRS.

You really need to work on your ability to recognize sarcasm. The IRS is the only agency that can investigate criminal violations of the Internal Revenue Code. They work with the DEA and FBI on cases like drug trafficking, human trafficking, counter terrorism financing, money laundering, and racketeering. Capone wasn't the only mobster they have helped send to prison.

You are missing the point….if they are working with all of the other gun toting agencies why they hell does the IRS need armed agents and millions of rounds of ammo. Helping send a criminal to jail because of tax evasion doesn't justify the armed agents and thousands of guns and millions in ammo.

They aren't the one kicking in doors and slapping handcuffs on el chapo because his 1040 EZ looks a little off.

This is from a treasury dept document titled "Criminal Investigation's Firearms Training and Qualification Oversight Needs to Be Improved"

In performing the IRS's law enforcement mission, Criminal Investigation (CI) special agents execute search and arrest warrants on those suspected of violating U.S. tax laws and other Federal statutes over which the IRS has jurisdiction. When performing their duties, special agents carry firearms and may use deadly force to protect themselves and the public. Suspected criminals, who face the prospect of incarceration, may violently resist arrest regardless of how minor the crime may seem. CI special agents must be fully prepared to respond with force when necessary. Special agents not properly trained in the use of firearms could endanger the public, as well as their fellow special agents, and expose the IRS to possible litigation over injuries or for damages.

There are 3300 total employees in the IRS criminal Investigation division. Only 2200 of them are special agents who carry firearms.

But there are now more armed non Department of Defence civilians in govt. agencies than there are Men and Women in the United States Marine Corps. Over 200,000 civilians carrying firearms work for non DOD governmental agencies.

There are only 186,000 people in the whole USMC.

Seems lopsided to me.