Aluminum Tipped 7 mm 162 gr Amax

sendero72

I was given three boxes of these Aluminum Tipped Amax. The current Amax measures 1.435" and the aluminum tipped are 1.595"! They are called National Match . Don't know the BC. Anyone have experience and reload info for the National Match in a 7 mag. My barrel is 26" / 9 twist. Looking to shoot whitetails with these bullets. All info is appreciated.

Thanks for the info Joel. That's one high BC for the 162. Hoping for some reloading info. I'm currently using H-1000. Should the reload data be the same as my current load?

If you're currently shooing the modern day 162 A-Max, then your load sould be close I would drop a grain or two, then work up from there.
Don't expect a significant increase in accuracy over the A-Max, as all the testing I did with these bullets show that it was not any more accurate than the A-Max in everything from a 7 mag up to a 7-338 Lapua..
I'm sitting on a few thousand of those National Match bullets...:rolleyes:

If you're currently shooing the modern day 162 A-Max, then your load sould be close I would drop a grain or two, then work up from there.
Don't expect a significant increase in accuracy over the A-Max, as all the testing I did with these bullets show that it was not any more accurate than the A-Max in everything from a 7 mag up to a 7-338 Lapua..
I'm sitting on a few thousand of those National Match bullets...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Joel,

Can you tell me what your most accurate load was for the 7 mag including the seating depth.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.