Altitude vs. Barometric pressure

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Michael Eichele, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Litehiker

Litehiker Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    As I mentioned above, the answer to providing a correct shot is not just a ballistics program but a program combined with a weather station that has sensors for station pressure, wind, coriolis effect, angle, etc.

The instrument that does all this is the Kestrel 5700 weather meter with the AB ballistics program installed. It uses the ballistics program with your SPECIFIC load and muzzle velocity along with all its sensors and internal program to give you a final firing solution.

True, the Kestrel 5700 can't give you downrange wind but the wind at your FFP is the most important reading. Determining hold-off for downrange wind is up to you.

Eric B.
  2. wildcat westerner

wildcat westerner Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Lite hiker,

Thanks for a specific factual answer. The move from Seattle to retirement in the Rockies has cut me off from the vast amount of technology which was easinly accessible and also, much more important, people familiar with these subjects. I am absolutely sure that I would be the only owner of one of these kestrels in this entire county.\

Gene S.